DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, would this work on an '02 2wd 1500?

4" total up front...
2" spacers
1-2" coils

And out back, either an add a leaf, lift shackles, or blocks....

To fit 35s on stock 17s?

I guess my main question is will 4" of lift up front clear 35s AND look good (not stuffed), and do coils/spacers work well together, or if one's wanting more than 2" of lift, are they stuck using spindles?

I dont know squat about lifts, this is asking for a friend so any help is appreciated. THX!!

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok looks like coils is a no go with spacers....for the most part.

Next question, what about 1" coils and spacers for 3" of lift? (SRT-10 springs) Would that clear 35s and look good?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Ok looks like coils is a no go with spacers....for the most part.

Next question, what about 1" coils and spacers for 3" of lift? (SRT-10 springs) Would that clear 35s and look good?
you CAN clear 35's with only 3" from spacers or from spindles. But its going to rub something awful. Minimum you would need 5" for minimal rubbing. I would say 3" spindles and 2.5" daystar spacers and you would be more than fine, from what I understand 2.5" daystar spacers actually give close to 3" so that would be a total of 6". Or you could do the 4" spindles and a 1-2" spacers, even a 2.5" spacer since its an 02.

Basically what it comes down to, with what I have researched anyways, Maximum you can get from springs/spacers is 3". Springs and spacers are doing the exact same thing so with one or a combo of the 2 3" is the max you can get, the rest you need to get from a body lift or spindle lift, or spend a whole bunch on a crossmember lift

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gotcha. He's got daystar spacers already and is wanting to try to clear 35s, but is on a budget and I think spindles are too expensive. I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
well you can get the $199 spindles that people on here are purchasing, they look like the RC lift spindles. Set of springs are gonna run around $100, so I dont think $199 is too much more, hes gonna spend a lot more on 35's anyways

·
Teenage Road Hazard
1,456 Posts
if he aready has a leveling kit, why not just a body lift? got mine for $250 shipped, and always leaves the option of more lift. stock ride too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.