DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Edge tuner and have a program loaded into my truck, well the tuner died, as in no display but the backlight stays on when you turn the truck off. So I just unplugged the thing and have been driving it. Back in April the CEL came on so I disconnected the battery and the light went off. It's been off since April until yesterday it came back on. The thing is I am still in Afghanistan for a little longer, hopefully less then 2 weeks. My wife said it runs fine as she drove it to see if he light went off, but it didn't. Do you think it's ok for her to drive? Also if I take it to the Stealership can they just relash my ECM and return in back to stock for me and clear out all the program from Edge? This is bad experience with tuner number 2 for me, so no more programmers. Thanks

Marc

·
PowerwagonMark
2,015 Posts
Edge only has tuners for the 2007 hemi ram trucks. If you purchased a edge tuner and put it in your truck and its not an 07 it will screw up. I know this because I spoke with Edge and that is what they told me when I was looking to purchase there tuner for my 08. There reasoning for only making a tuner for 07 was that there sister company Superchips already was making programs for the rest of the years hemi trucks so they didnt want to bother making them. I would take out the programmer and give whoever sold it to you shit. The 2007 program will only work on 2007 hemi rams the codes are different for the other years. Which is too bad because the guys that have 2007 hemi rams have said that the Edge works amazing.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
i believe he has an 07' PW

Mike

·
PowerwagonMark
2,015 Posts
i believe he has an 07' PW

Mike
Oh shit must have missed that:ugh Well then I have no idea whats wrong. I have heard only good things about the Edge on 07s.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Dealer can probably do it, but it will cost you $$$ & probably void your warrenty.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Truck should be fine for two weeks if it shows no other symptoms. Get home safely, then just call Edge and ask them what to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts