Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOLY COW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4556530971&category=6196#480238240u3%048208jrr

eBay item#4556530971, if the link doesnt work

"Everybody needs one of these, from 0 to 110 mph quick, This Dakota has a pair of J-69-29 Turbines in it with 1760 lbs of thrust each, totally self sufficent, including the original V-6 and drive train, I beleive this vehicle is street legal except for this little excessive noise issue. Has 8 Fuel tanks, 2 B&G fuel pumps, intercom, slotted discs, High preformance brakes, digital guages and more. Truck has 109,599 miles on it and is in very good condition, A good manual for the J-69-29s is included. Pick up will be the responsibility of the buyer whthin 10 days of end of auction, Cashiers check or Money order, deposit of 10% due within 3 days of end of auction, deposit only may be paid by paypal. Call me @ 515-210-9400 with any questions or email @ [email protected] "

check this out:

Attachments

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
How in the heck would you get fuel for it? The six banger I could understand.

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
LOL holy shit. put a shell on the bed to hide the jet stuff, and go cruise around at night and look for people to (literally) rocket past!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I think it needs a CAI, but golly let's tak another poll to see which one would be best!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
seems to me they are too close to the cab... BUT WHO CARES THERE JET ENGINES... J-E-T

·
Registered
39 Posts
I beleive this vehicle is street legal except for this little excessive noise issue.
:thatfunny

Yeah, like the sound neighbours hear every morning of a jet taking off.

·
Registered
476 Posts
wouldnt wanna get to close behind it :D

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Wow... I'd love to have that truck.. just for a day.. any information on who built it?

·
Cass_A_Nova
1,258 Posts
That is crazy. Some serious mod.

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
racerX_244 said:
LOL holy shit. put a shell on the bed to hide the jet stuff, and go cruise around at night and look for people to (literally) rocket past!
A shell wouldn't be a bad idea. The only thing is that he would have to have some kind of openings for the intakes. If he was ever to put a shell on it and have rear slide windows.....everything in the cab wouldn't have to vacumed for quite sometime!! :D

·
Registered
977 Posts
Fuel for the jet engine is not a problem. You can burn diesel, kerosene, just about anything. Its piston driven planes that require high octane leaded fuel.

·
Registered
484 Posts
88dakota4X4 said:
wouldnt wanna get to close behind it :D
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Can you imagine being stuck in traffic behind that? The heat coming off the engines would melt the front of your truck. In the time it takes for the traffic light to change, your car would be on fire.

And another thing, what the hell kind of insurance premiums do you pay for that? Who would even insure it?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
i want one just for a day thats not asking to much is it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.