DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first get the door panel off.which can be a pain and try to get some new clips just in case you break some.might be a good time for new door speakers too,since you have the panel off.

here you can see the power mirror pigtail harness and the 3 mirror mounting bolts.also the harness boot which is worth putting back in to try and keep moisture out.

here is the dumbo elephant ear stock mirrors next to the mercedes style mirrors(probably picked up 3 mph in the 1/4 with less wind resistance lol)

here's the inside of the mirror mounting flange

heres the outside of the mirror mounting flange

i could not use the flanges as provided,so i had to modify them.first drill through the mounting pegs completely with a 15/64 drill bit(or something slightly smaller than a 1/4" bit)

now clip off the mounting pegs and sand them as flush as possible

i then screwed some 1/4"x1-1/4" stainless bolts through the drilled holes.these will hold the mirror onto the door through the factory holes.

here's the other side of the now installed screws

here's the mirror side and the one mounting tower must be removed to make room for one of the screw heads on the mounting flange.this particular mounting tower serves no use in this kit.

bye bye mouting tower

the mirror with the modified mounting flange

you will have to drill the factory holes in the door out to 3/8" to allow for adjustment.one the drivers door i even had to drill 2 extra holes to make room for the screws that screw the mirror mounting flange to the mirror housing.I also used lots of black rtv silicone around all the holes and red loctite on the mounting bolts(along with lock washers).I used all stainless hardware due to the moisture this will be exposed too.I also gave up on trying to get the factory power mirror harness to work with these mirrors.i tried all kinds of combinations and just could'nt get it to work right.So i would just recommend getting the manual mirrors with or without power.You can adjust the power mirros manually,so no worries either way.i opted for the mirrors with the turn signal and will post pics of them flashing later tonight.I tied the wire for the turn signal into my factory turn signal harness by the front corner light.it's a green wire with a stripe for my 96 Ram.now here's some finished pics.

i think they look better than the cal mirrors due to the rounder lines of the mirror.I'm sure the cal mirrors are better quality but these get the job done fine.I also wish they were a tiny bit bigger,which i think would flow with the lines of the truck better.these are a million times better than the stockers though for appearance in my opinion.

·
Registered
164 Posts
That came out really good. They are pretty inexpensive too. I hate the faded ass mirrors on my truck now..lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks and i know what you mean about the stockers.These things are'nt the best quality mirror,but are better to look at than the stock ones.the mirror itself has a slightly wavy look to the glass,but i think i can get some cut to size and stuck over them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.