1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...its a good idea if you build it yourself... thats all plumbing pipes from Lowes (or any hardware shop)... $20.00 less the filter...

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Looks decent.....but no insolation. How you gonna keep the engine temp from affect the intake temp???? But it does come with a "big filter"....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know the air ram system is probally my best bet, but i dont know if i can wait that long, four or five weeks is a long time

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
But worth the wait....

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
I don't know about the choice of BLACK for the tubing. Heat Resistant? NOT Plus They say it fits 04's The picture shows the tubing going to the side of the motor plugging into the tb. I don't know about 03's but my 04 connects in front.

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
please don't waste your money on that - you will just be making someone richer. Look how cheaply made it is - just out of black pvc, and they put a K&N on the end - and they want over $105!!!!!!! YEAH RIGHT!!!! If you want one like that for cheap you could easily make it youself - just by looking off those three pictures too........

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Our Turn time is 3-4 weeks (closer to 3 weeks!) And this guy is a bone head... He says you get to save the BEST part... The HEMI air hat....LOL Thats your resonator and if you remove ANYTHING that has got to be removed and is the first thing that needs to be tossed. Your filter box is not more restrictive than your resonator but he seems to beleive the resonator is the BEST part... Does he want to give you the BEST possible performance or pick your pocket? You be the judge.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Lowes is open right now. ;)

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Right!

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
7 Y

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Huh?

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
er excuse the last post

what I get for coming home on lunch and leaving it open to a thread, my niece punched in 7 Y and hit enter lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the help guys, im either going with air ram or mac performance. I wasnt a fan of mac, but have heard good things about their intakes

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Looks decent.....but no insolation. How you gonna keep the engine temp from affect the intake temp???? But it does come with a "big filter"....
I wonder how much the air actually heats up under acceleration or highway speeds
It's not like the air is sitting inside that tube .
It is flying through there and I just wonder how much it can really absorb the heat as it passes through
Unless you put some kind of temperature indicater inside and measure the air temp insulated and non insulated I would think you are only guessing about any benefit of insulation

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Maybe Lowes or Home Depot should become a DT sponsor with all the business directed at them...

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
sgrizzle said:
Maybe Lowes or Home Depot should become a DT sponsor with all the business directed at them...
I could make a few calls.....the family business sells to Home Depot and Lowes.....LOL!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.