1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Well they have high feedback with 100% and it seems a good price to me. At least they give you ceramic pads. I would do it if I needed some rotors.

·
Registered
710 Posts
If you are going to do a swap like that, make sure you get the shoes for the e-brake as well. A lot of people forget those and they end up squeaking.

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
I dont recall the brand or seller but I got a drilled and sloted rotor and ceramic pad "kit" of ebay. No problems over a year plus later and I got improved stoping.

·
HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!!!!
733 Posts
I have ebay slotted/drilled rotors. Not from that compeny. Just in the front. Been on for maybe 5 weeks now. All is good so far. I do feel alil extra stoping power. And mine came with pads too for $139 shipped, just front.

Thats not a bad price for all 4 and pads w/free shipping.

·
Registered
849 Posts
brakes

Looks like a good deal to me, i've been thinking about doing the same thing... cheaper to buy those then get your old rotors cut !!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
oem rotors suck... they warp to easy... I have slotted from powerslot I love em... If you do any off pavement driving i think cross drilled are not that great... crap gets stuck in the holes

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you do any off pavement driving i think cross drilled are not that great... crap gets stuck in the holes
Agree. I had drilled rotors on my Sammy and had a stone get stuck and trashed a set of pads in about ten minutes of city driving.

·
Registered
849 Posts
good to keep in mind

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
How would off road driving differ? You still would get things in the holes and slots i would think

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
offroad as in mud holes, and deep ruts
never a good thing for cavities welcoming small bits of sediment
they build up in the rotors, accelerate aging of the pads, build up heat, trash rotors, warp rotors, etc

i replaced my rotors with the advanced auto brand, i contemplated a set of highperformance, but my truck see's frequent off pavement, and most of the time i'm cleaning my brakes out and i dind't want to add to the hassle

if the rotors are broken in correctly, they resist warp

i plan on doing a thorough break in of my rear rotors

time for a highjack, does anyone have specfic instructions on bringing the ebrake shoes in, to avoid the squeaking?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I have ebay slotted/drilled rotors. Not from that compeny. Just in the front. Been on for maybe 5 weeks now. All is good so far. I do feel alil extra stoping power. And mine came with pads too for $139 shipped, just front.

Thats not a bad price for all 4 and pads w/free shipping.
which brand did you get?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I've been looking for a while. Those look like a good deal too. The 1 year warranty is also good to have.

Here's another one I've been looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ram-...ccessories?hash=item439d80a778#ht_3210wt_1167

only catch is the warranty is 120 days.

I forgot to say, i did a little research and the rotors they use are made by powerslot if I remember correctly, just sold as a different name

and one last thing lol, the sellers feedback is 100% but for only 438 people, the Brake Motive ones have a 100% feedback with 21087 people.

I'm in the same boat with you, trying to go through all the information and get the best bang for the buck rotors/pads out there.

One other option that I have not researched is that I heard Napa sells their own cross-drilled and slotted rotors for like $60ish with a good warranty, but again, I haven't checked that out at all.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I have powerslot... just slotted... I do on road highway, also i hunt fish so I get off the road too and sling mud,stone,dirt... also I am mainly in wisconsin so winter here with salt snow and ice, I never had a problem in about a year since i put them on, compared to my buddy who put cross drilled rotors on his truck well in about a month or two he already warped front rotor and brake pads gone... he switched over and never had a problem yet! cross drilled is mainly for high performance on road track application.

Also I have hawk pads, there great and would highly recomend them to some one with a budget.

·
HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!!!!
733 Posts
I just looked and I got mine from the same place, brakemotive76. Shipping was fast!!!! And free!!!!! Free is good!!!!! And so far so good!!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Cross drilled and sloted rotors are for applications like autocross or race situations. They wear pads much faster and throw more dust, you are actually loosing surface area in trade for cooling. they cant be turned. The slot is made to carve a new surface on the pad, the crossdrilling is to disipate gas buildup and cooling. The only time i have ever heard of a rotor cracking was a crossdrilled.
But the major issue I have with the crossdrilled is that with the front hub design of our trucks, inorder to correct the issue of Lateral Run Out of the rotor and hub is to use an on axle lath...this is not an option with these rotors.
Oh and as a Side note..there is no such thing as a Warpped rotor.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.