DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a an electric fan for my Ram for more power. What are the positives and negatives with an e-fan while towing in the desert? I tow a travel trailer and sometimes go through the hot California desert during the summer. What brand of fan would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I run my Hemi hard, the best in my opinion is the Black Majic 180 . Moe's performance has the best price, and free shipping! comes easy to install & w/a thermostat to boot.heres a pic. It comes as you see here, but Bob @ Moe's also has a shroud delete kit. Theres no reason this wouldn't work as good or better than your manual fan.It gets hot in so. florida too;)

Attachments

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
I second the Flexilite 180.
The positive it seems to cool better than the mech fan.
the neg, it's an electrical thing that might fail completely vs the the mech one that not likely to ever completely fail.
It's a good idea to carry a spare fuse or two for the electric fan just in case it's decides to blow a fuse in the middle of nowhere or swap out the fuse for a resettable circuit breaker.

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
I am using a fan out of a 3.8 Taurus. The positives are that they are cheap, I paid $25 for mine. They are two speed, so you can hook up it on low or high. I haven't even used high yet bc low pulls a lot of air. It also fits right inside of the stock shroud so you can reuse the shroud, coolant overflow bottle and wiper fluid bottle.

The only negative that I can think of is that you need to make it fit with a little fabricating but even that was easy. It only took me a few bolts and a piece of strap for hanging a garage door opener to get it fabbed up.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Electric fans are great mods... they are worth a solid 3-4RWHP and about 2MPG average. I have NEVER had any issues when running mine... I'm still on my stock battery (Feb 2002 & 115,000 miles) So I have nothing be good things to say about an electric fan.

The Flex-A-lite 180 is a great fan that offers you the easiest install you could possibly ask for. All just mount the fan and run the wires to the appropriate terminal... You do not need to be a wiring hero to install one... Of course some skills would be help full but its well within the basic bolt on criteria.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I tow all the time with my efan. No issues. But you get what you pay for in controllers. Either buy a $$$ controller, or use a big relay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.