Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some. Any suggestions?
Also hear different stories about before/after the cats.
Also, can i add the cutouts before i install my headers, or should i wait until i get my headers installed?

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
You will want it before the cats and at the same time as your headers are being installed. Saves time in the end. You will have to relocate the cats lower and build a crosspipe that goes from each end of the manifold pipes (drivers side to passenger side) and put the cutout right there in the middle. So basically you're making a H-pipe if you will and putting the cutout in the middle where the it makes the "H"

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
after the cats is what i would go with... not as ear piercing loud but still very very loud... if you have true dual exhaust get 2 and mount them anywhere after the cats and if you have merging exhaust you can use one or two...

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
ksciacca said:
Looking to get some. Any suggestions?
Also hear different stories about before/after the cats.
Also, can i add the cutouts before i install my headers, or should i wait until i get my headers installed?
Here.. if you just want minimal gains go with after the cats. If you want maximum gains (but louder) go before the cats. Nuff said... Not like you're going to drive with the cutout open all the time right? so leave them before the cats.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
Nuff said... Not like you're going to drive with the cutout open all the time right? so leave them before the cats.
UHHH... I might be wierd, but my cutout is open 24/7. I LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
who makes the best electric coutouts?

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
any pictures of cutouts?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KaPPaBaLL said:
You will want it before the cats and at the same time as your headers are being installed. Saves time in the end. You will have to relocate the cats lower and build a crosspipe that goes from each end of the manifold pipes (drivers side to passenger side) and put the cutout right there in the middle. So basically you're making a H-pipe if you will and putting the cutout in the middle where the it makes the "H"
Thanks KaPPaBaLL

When you say "relocate the cats lower", do you mean more toward the back of the truck or actually lower to the ground?
Also, I have an o2 sensor before and after each cat. do i install the cutout in front of the 1st sensor or between the sensor and the cat? Dont want any warning lights on my dash, ya know?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
ksciacca said:
Thanks KaPPaBaLL

When you say "relocate the cats lower", do you mean more toward the back of the truck or actually lower to the ground?
Also, I have an o2 sensor before and after each cat. do i install the cutout in front of the 1st sensor or between the sensor and the cat? Dont want any warning lights on my dash, ya know?
Lower in the line, so towards the back of the truck. Leave the O2 sensors in the cats, don't worry about the placing of the cutout. You just may need to get some longer wiring if you move the cat down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TTURedRaider09 said:
Lower in the line, so towards the back of the truck. Leave the O2 sensors in the cats, don't worry about the placing of the cutout. You just may need to get some longer wiring if you move the cat down.
Kool, i understand

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
mjfikac said:
UHHH... I might be wierd, but my cutout is open 24/7. I LOVE IT!!!
Yeah your weird. But I also leave mine open whenever there are no popo around. :D

·
11 seconds or BUST!!!
260 Posts
I'm with you- since I've put my cutout on it's open almost ALL the time. I drove my truck to the coast with my wife (4 hr drive) and about half way there she asked is it always this loud?? Oooops. How's this? (as the motor closes it up)

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
ksciacca said:
Thanks KaPPaBaLL

i responded to your post in the other cutout thread.
nvm found it for you
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56873

·
Plotting 2 get in tha 12s
198 Posts
Don't you lose back pressure? I would think it would hurt your performance, definately louder?

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
does not hrt performance, and yes it is louder...

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
hemic03 said:
Don't you lose back pressure? I would think it would hurt your performance, definately louder?
Yes you do lose backpressure, but our engines LOVE it. I'm making 351rwtq with my cutout open. I dont think I lost any low end power!!!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.