DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had an electric exhaust cutout put on last week. Sounds mean as hell! But I must have thrown an o2 code cause my check engine light came on. I thought this was odd because the cutout is after the cats which is where I thought the sensors were. I haven't run a diagnostics yet because i haven't had time. But I was wondering if anyone could tell me why it would throw a code. Thanks

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
do the key trick and pull up the code

·
Registered
285 Posts
There is a sensor on the tailpipe between the cat and muffler

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what's the key trick and can I move the sensor before the cutout?

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
key trick will pop up the code on the odometer what you do is to get in the truck put the key in the ignition and turn the key to the on position (where the a/c would blow air) do that three times on-off-on-off-on and then the code will pop up let us know what the code is

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right on I'm gonna go try it right now thanks guys

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm.... no luck with the key trick. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? And there doesn't seem to be another sensor past the cutout.?

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
sorry wrong order of the key trick try this off-on-off-on-off-on

try that

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here's what I got. (P2096 -- Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Low Limit) Details...?

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
it worked finally YES but i cant help ya with the code have no clue what it means but someone will chime in soon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks for the help anyways. Damn this sucks though I hate that stupid light!!! What does fuel trim have to do with a cutout? somebody help

·
Registered
82 Posts
the o2 sensors tell the computer HOW to trim the fuel (richer or leaner).
Post Cayalyst would seem to indicate that there IS an o2 sensor after the cat. converter, and apparently it feels left out and is starting to whine about it. :bawl:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no i didn't reset the pcm. how do i do that?

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
i believe that you need to go into the fuse relay in the engine compartment and pull the fuse for the pcm,then get in and try to start the truck, and hold it, i dont think it will start and if i remember after you hear like two or three dings the pcm is restarted

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
RacinMason77 said:
no i didn't reset the pcm. how do i do that?
Open your fuse box under the hood. Pull out fuse #23. Its labeled on the underside of the cover as PCM. With the fuse still out, put the key in the ignition, turn it to acc position (dont start the engine), wait about 10-15 seconds for all the dings to stop, remove the key and replace the fuse. You should be good to go. The PCM learns your driving habits and adapts to any mods/changes you make.

·
Banned
462 Posts
not to hijack this post or anything, but, is there any way to cross reference trouble codes (other than auto zone) without having superchips, ie,.... some type of manual? Also, again without auto zone or superchips, is there any way to clear them? thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hijack all you want. I'm gonna try to reset my pcm tomorrow. Thanks for all the help!!!

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
RacinMason77 said:
Hijack all you want. I'm gonna try to reset my pcm tomorrow. Thanks for all the help!!!

You may not notice an immediate difference, but it should adapt to your changes rather quickly. Goood luck.

PS You need to get some pics up in your gallery.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
awesome guys. It worked great. Thanks for all the help. I'll have the pics in the library soon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.