1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Buck99
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
570 Posts
I may need to bid on those. Those drop control arms along with the dakota drop spindles I plan on getting will give me the drop I need.

·
Registered
570 Posts
After looking at them closer I noticed that the balljoint area looks really weak. The arms thimselves look ok but the flat steel area around the ball joint scares me. I'm sure that I could fab up a set cheaper or I could just use 1 ton arms thats what the chisholm pieces look like.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think I would box in a set of factory ones to look "similar" to those before buying some. You can get the balljoint cups cheap and bushings are cheap, just need some tubing and weld em up.

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
They'd probably be fine, although a gusset all the way out would be better. Would be to hard to do yourself though. Not a bad deal on that stuff either.

Looks like they make the spring set lower down to get the drop.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow $331 with one hour left I know that chisholm don't offer these anymore but Aim does and their products look better.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Went for 395 thats alot of money for used control arms and ten year old shocks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would be interested if you get seriuos about making them. Would you mod the stockers or start from scratch?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would prefer to start from scratch. I called a few places today to check on the ball joint sleeves and they are suppossed to get back with me tomorrow. If your just looking for some lowered like the ones in the link I could mod the factory ones. Give me a couple days and let me see what I can come up with. I'm making me some for sure so I will make a jig and see what happens from there. Mine will be for bags but no big deal.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If this works out and you decide on modding the stockers I would gladdly send you a set to start with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.