DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's the deal. I have a 04 quad cab Hemi. I can't stabd loud exhaust after my previous car. I want the looks of having duals on my truck but I don't want the noise. A friend of mine has Magnaflow on his and it is a little too loud, my local exhaust shop suggested Dynomax. He says it will not be any where near as loud as my friends. Does anyone have any experiance with dynomax or have any suggestions. Thanks in advance.......Scott

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ya, i have the Dynomax Welded series on my '04 with the res cut off, and it sounds like this. I love it, in cab its not bad at highway speeds, easily covered by stereo at 25, mines a year and a bit old and its starting to get a bit louder, but thats not a bad thing, i think. Be prepaired for the burp on 1-2 shifts, at first i thought i broke something, but after reading that almost all exhaust does this, i go with it, and thats how my buddies know where i am around town :rck: lol

i cant get the wav's to upload.. so i guess ill have to mail them to you..

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
B][GT said:
Ya, i have the Dynomax Welded series on my '04 with the res cut off, and it sounds like this. I love it, in cab its not bad at highway speeds, easily covered by stereo at 25, mines a year and a bit old and its starting to get a bit louder, but thats not a bad thing, i think. Be prepaired for the burp on 1-2 shifts, at first i thought i broke something, but after reading that almost all exhaust does this, i go with it, and thats how my buddies know where i am around town :rck: lol

i cant get the wav's to upload.. so i guess ill have to mail them to you..
Thanks, that sounds pretty good. I don't think the one that was suggested to me will be that loud because it is the super turbo and is 23" long, 5" high, and 11" wide. I am mainly worried about cabin noise. Thanks again....Scott

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sconnor said:
Thanks, that sounds pretty good. I don't think the one that was suggested to me will be that loud because it is the super turbo and is 23" long, 5" high, and 11" wide. I am mainly worried about cabin noise. Thanks again....Scott
I can't comment on the exhaust - but I am with you. My last car was a 2002 Camaro with a loud custom exhaust (single 3" dynomax race bullet to duals) and I am really enjoying the peace and quiet of my ram. I would like to add an exhaust as well, but nothing loud.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Menace said:
I can't comment on the exhaust - but I am with you. My last car was a 2002 Camaro with a loud custom exhaust (single 3" dynomax race bullet to duals) and I am really enjoying the peace and quiet of my ram. I would like to add an exhaust as well, but nothing loud.
With that you should know all about loud cars. My last was a 01 WS6 Trans Am with Hooker long tube, and SLP loud mouth with no cats. I really just want my Ram to sound and look stock with a ectra tail pipe on the other side......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sconnor said:
With that you should know all about loud cars. My last was a 01 WS6 Trans Am with Hooker long tube, and SLP loud mouth with no cats. I really just want my Ram to sound and look stock with a ectra tail pipe on the other side......
Amen brother!

If you get it done post up how you like it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Menace said:
Amen brother!

If you get it done post up how you like it!
Sure thing!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BOAZ632 said:
I had the dynomax super turbo installed and it is a VERY QUIT muffler. 3"in/2.5" dual out.
How does it sound in the cab????

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If you want it quiet, then leave it stock. All aftermarket exhaust are louder than stock, and you will hear all of them in the cab.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
spharis said:
If you want it quiet, then leave it stock. All aftermarket exhaust are louder than stock, and you will hear all of them in the cab.
I wanted to leave the stock muffler and add a y-pipe and run duals and everyone said that it will hurt the truck. I will lose power this way......

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sconnor said:
I wanted to leave the stock muffler and add a y-pipe and run duals and everyone said that it will hurt the truck. I will lose power this way......

I don't think you would lose power if you go with 2.25 tubing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.