DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got off the dyno with me truck. I got 216 hp @ 4500 rpm & 266 tq @ 3800 rpm.

It hit the 105 mph speed limiter, not for sure why, I did the key trick and that use to disable the speed & Rev limiter, but I think since they put the new engine in, they reprogrammed the PCM.

For the RPM's is those numbers close to other Hemi? I had heard a rumor that in the 2500/3500, dodge had cut the power down.

Oh and both runs, were the exact same, my tq stayed level from 3800-4500, & my Hp still climbing when it hit the speed lmiter

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Nice numbers man!!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
I can't find my dyno sheet.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Looks par to me. Congrats.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Man you guys need to STOP wasting your cash on DYNOs... take it to the track if you want to know what kind of HP you have. Distance x weight / time = HP.... Your HEMI has allot more POWER than 212 HP thats just not even close to being accurate. Sorry man... you got ripped off with that DYNO. You cant even use that for an idea of where you are... Most HEMI's will DYNO low due to the TM and normally they will fall within the 250-260HP range... and thats not even close to the actual output... Track times put these approximately 300HP rear wheels... but a DYNO is normally lucky to show 250HP... but yours is off by a long long shot.

The DYNO is a tool... your numbers are only good for that day. If you add a mod the same day and then DYNO it... the difference would be considered an accurate gain... showing a mods worth. But once the sun sets... that session is useless... If you want bragginf rights... take it to the track, get weighed, get time slip and do the math... MATH does not lie and there is only ONE right answer.

It takes a given amount of HP to move a given amount of weight a given distance in a given amount of time.... PERIOD! your true HP is in that equation.

The DYNO is for TUNING, thats it. and because of the TM your DYNOs will NEVER be accurate.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey air ram, one of the reasos mine is soo low is it noever got to the power band the speed limiter kicked in and limited it to 105 mph @ 4500 rpm, I was still climbing when it kicked in.

But on the equation what number do I use for distance I used .25(1/4) * 7300/17.351 & got 105, I think that is wwwaaaayyy low.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
See, now this is something AirRam and I agree on. Dynos are for tuning. Track is for bragging. But I learned along time ago to never bother trying to keep people from wasting their money. Its not mine.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
KTS said:
hey air ram, one of the reasos mine is soo low is it noever got to the power band the speed limiter kicked in and limited it to 105 mph @ 4500 rpm, I was still climbing when it kicked in.

But on the equation what number do I use for distance I used .25(1/4) * 7300/17.351 & got 105, I think that is wwwaaaayyy low.

My bad... try these on line calculators.

http://www.classictruckshop.com/garage/shopmathhp1.asp
http://usastreetracing.com/library/calculator.html
http://www.mustangworks.com/analyzer.html
http://www.woodyg.com/fairlane/finfo/etrwh.html

I have about 20 others but these are all you should need.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I just punched your numbers in and this is what I got...

Peak Horsepower: 276
Average Horsepower: 278

And being a 4x4 thats about right on par with where you should be!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Air Ram, they say 278 hp @ rear wheels, now the tq calc is 5280*hp/rpm right? so i would have around 301 tq. just a guess

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it may be a rev limiter then at 4500 rpm in 5th gear. what gears are you running? I have 4.10's so that may be why I stop at 105, with the key trick the fastest I have been is 113.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
nice run especially with how heavy your truck is with the added parts, 4x4, and being QC not to metion those huge tires.

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HemiMan, that may be what it is then, a 4500 rpm rev limiter, mine just happens to hit it at 105-6 mph while yours hit's it higher.
xxumattuxx, thanks just wanted to see what my truck was putting down, to compare to other trucks.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Calculate HP from Trap Speed
Vehicle weight in pounds (including driver)
5200lbs
Trap speed at end of 1/4 mi in m.p.h.
89m.p.h.

You are making : 286HP at the rear wheels and 338HP at the flywheel*.

Calculate HP from ET
Vehicle weight in pounds (including driver)
5200lbs
ET in seconds
15.28sec

You are making : 288HP at the rear wheels and 340HP at the flywheel*.

My fuggin truck rules!!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

·
Silverado SS
1,154 Posts
yeah that did seem way to low for a hemi. My 4.7 dyno'd at 205hp and 287tq.

Brad

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
KTS said:
Well I just got off the dyno with me truck. I got 216 hp @ 4500 rpm & 266 tq @ 3800 rpm.

It hit the 105 mph speed limiter, not for sure why, I did the key trick and that use to disable the speed & Rev limiter, but I think since they put the new engine in, they reprogrammed the PCM.

For the RPM's is those numbers close to other Hemi? I had heard a rumor that in the 2500/3500, dodge had cut the power down.

Oh and both runs, were the exact same, my tq stayed level from 3800-4500, & my Hp still climbing when it hit the speed lmiter
I never dynod my Hemi so I can't say on the numbers... but it was only the 3500 that got the HP cut down, but it was only by 5.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
AIR_RAM said:
Man you guys need to STOP wasting your cash on DYNOs... take it to the track if you want to know what kind of HP you have. Distance x weight / time = HP.... Your HEMI has allot more POWER than 212 HP thats just not even close to being accurate. Sorry man... you got ripped off with that DYNO. You cant even use that for an idea of where you are... Most HEMI's will DYNO low due to the TM and normally they will fall within the 250-260HP range... and thats not even close to the actual output... Track times put these approximately 300HP rear wheels... but a DYNO is normally lucky to show 250HP... but yours is off by a long long shot.

The DYNO is a tool... your numbers are only good for that day. If you add a mod the same day and then DYNO it... the difference would be considered an accurate gain... showing a mods worth. But once the sun sets... that session is useless... If you want bragginf rights... take it to the track, get weighed, get time slip and do the math... MATH does not lie and there is only ONE right answer.

It takes a given amount of HP to move a given amount of weight a given distance in a given amount of time.... PERIOD! your true HP is in that equation.

The DYNO is for TUNING, thats it. and because of the TM your DYNOs will NEVER be accurate.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
AIR_RAM said:
Using the 2nd link... I got this:

"Dodge Ram 2500 weight: 7900 pounds

1/4 mile time: 15.5 seconds.

Equals 419.30 HP at the wheels

545.08 HP at the flywheel"

Yet on the dyno it was 325. 325 is the stock FWHP so to get 220 HP from a 65HP module is a bit much...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.