Votes: 6 50.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
SupermaXX Hemi
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here are the numbers not to bad I really wanted to break 300 and came close. Well I have a 2003 4x4 and read my MODs list and you can see the rest. The superchips made more hp and TQ with the towing mode. Also, I did a test with no superchip and no IAT mod and made 259 hp dont know the tq but the guy said it was due to the rev limiter on. So I put the performance tune in with rev +500 and IAT mod and made 289hp and 309tq and had a crazy AF reading off the scale above 18 but the computer was messed up so I took the IAT mod off and ran a 287HP and 307TQ Air Fuel still messed up and then we found out it was the hose was bent so he fixed it and I ran the next one with not IAT mod and ran 286hp and 310tq engine was pretty warm on that one. So I put in the towing tune and and no IAT and ran 291hp and 315tq nice but I thought that the performance should have been better than the towing mode dont yall think?

On First DYNO PIC
Red represents the TOWING TUNE NO IAT
BLUE represents PERFORMANCE TUNE NO IAT
Second PIC
Blue represents PERFORMANCE TUNE with IAT
Red represents PERFORMANCE TUNE without IAT

ALSO, why do yall think that I had better number with the TOWING TUNE?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Sweet man.. respectable numbers bro!

·
SupermaXX Hemi
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are most peoples numbers with the mods I have a know alot of people have these mods anybody care to share their numbers.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Very interesting, looks like towing tune is the way to go, but I'm not sure; there has to be a down side to towing and an up side to the performance---otherwise why have a performance tune?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
My mods on dyno day were 6.1 Cam, AT3030, Homebrew MIT Tube/Intake, SC on 91 performance tune, Autolite Plat plugs and Shorty wires. Only thing I have added since then was the shift kit.

KB

Attachments

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
KB112 said:
My mods on dyno day were 6.1 Cam, AT3030, Homebrew MIT Tube/Intake, SC on 91 performance tune, Autolite Plat plugs and Shorty wires. Only thing I have added since then was the shift kit.

KB
That's without headers and an e-Fan right?

Very nice K! Those are great numbers. :)

Sil

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Yeah, headers will probably go on after the New Year Sils. E-fan is just one more thing on my list, but I havent bought one yet.

KB

·
Daytona #8457
773 Posts
So KB, what would that put the HP and TQ at from the crank... approximately. I know that crank HP doesn't matter, but I'm interested in what that HP and TQ is compared to the stock estimates. Also, I don't know what the drivetrain loss is. lol

~Dodge Guy~

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I don't really know to be honest. I have heard drivetrain losses on our trucks are in the 20%-25% range? A stock dyno run would be helpful in these instances, unfortunately I never did one stock.

So just a guesstimate would be 370-385hp and 379-395 ft.lb/tq???

KB

·
SupermaXX Hemi
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey fellows does the size of my tires affect the dyno? If I had smaller tires on would I have more HP & TQ? say from 285 down to 265 do you think there would be a difference?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
The real factor will be weight. If you have some heavy rims/tires and someone else has lightweight rims/tires then it will show a difference. The bigger/heavier setup is harder to turn and will lower power output.

My 295/50-20"s are about an inch shorter than your set-up. I am sure that probably helped me out. I am unsure of what your tire/wheel weight is though. Thats why guys at the drags like to use light weight wheels and tires. Plus the skinny tires they use up front equals less rolling resistance as well.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Also, what grade of fuel was in your tank? The 91 tune can introduce knock retard if you have bad fuel, low octane, or the timing may just be advanced to far for your setup.

·
SupermaXX Hemi
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I only use 93 shell but at the dyno I had a mixture of 93 and 89 shell wife filled up the truck without me had half and half. that evens out to 91

·
SupermaXX Hemi
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also my wheels and tire set up weight 97lbs a pice.

·
SupermaXX Hemi
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey KB112 does your idle a little low sometimes like 500 or even lower sometimes.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Nope, mine has always idled fine. Like 625-650, SC has a new idle update out for my programmer though. So I had them up it to 680 for when I get my 260 cam in. I don't think they can update the 3715 though?

KB

·
Registered
725 Posts
Doesnt seem like you should only be at 259 hp without the SC and IAT mod.

·
SupermaXX Hemi
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey I agree I was a little disapointed but the opeater said he could not get a good reading because of the rev limiter on stock.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.