DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the dyno
Car has a hp-61 turbo with a .82ar and ceramic bearings. Dtec fcbc TCS twostep water meth inj crower cams and adj cam gears. plus all bolt ons and fuel upgrades. Best of 530hp and 560 ft lb @5200 and 28 pounds of boost turned down boost to 26 - 27 lb zeroed out cams and pulled some fuel at 4k to 5k and some at 6 to 7k redline and pulled 500 hp at 515lb tq.again at 5200rpm Had break up at 6200 so we need to address that before we can tune more.
At the track before dyno with 22- 24 lbs boost and bad 60 ft times (2.0) we ran am 11.81 at 122 mph.

· Registered
693 Posts
Wow, that much HP without shootin' a rod through something. I thought the internals were maxed at 450 or something like that?

· Registered
693 Posts
But those are some awesome numbers! Dude, keep it up!

· Registered
308 Posts
thats a lot for stock internals

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bottom end can live at 500 hp for a while but not very long.
Thats why we backed the boost down to 27 and will most likely drop it to 25 to get a reliable 450 - 475 hp or so until we build a bottom end.

· Registered
308 Posts
ya wanan know what sucks...im prob putting like 360 to the wheels at least and i got beat by a stcok turbo srt4 with 305 whp and like 330trq from a 30 mph roll. he had drag radials, and i just light up 2nd gear, hit 3rd and wait until i spool and by then he is like 4 cars ahead and i start catching up semi fast. if we went to high speeds i would win, but lag sucks with a big turbo. we stoped racing at about 100 and i was a car or less behind. keep in mind he had drag radials and full suspension. his car ran 12.00 stock turbo.

· Registered
693 Posts
Yeah, I wanna put out about a good 400 some reliably. Yeah, whenever I mess around like that i don't punch it cuz I know what you mean by the wheel spin. I did the same with my friends RSX-Type S and he got like a Car Jump on me untill my I caught traction and full boost, after that it was over. I learned to easy on the gas and it works out better.

But as for RAM 48, that's some inspiring stuff there. Thanks for posting your progress.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
turboneon04 said:
ya wanan know what sucks...im prob putting like 360 to the wheels at least and i got beat by a stcok turbo srt4 with 305 whp and like 330trq from a 30 mph roll. he had drag radials, and i just light up 2nd gear, hit 3rd and wait until i spool and by then he is like 4 cars ahead and i start catching up semi fast. if we went to high speeds i would win, but lag sucks with a big turbo. we stoped racing at about 100 and i was a car or less behind. keep in mind he had drag radials and full suspension. his car ran 12.00 stock turbo.
To stop that wheel spin go to www.Newdesignelectronics.com
Thay make a traction control ub=nit that is freat we have one and on DRs its awsome in the slick mode we are still playing with the advanced settinga and tire pressure and launch RPms to get initial wheel spin at launch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.