DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ramman
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have my truck on a dyno tomorrow, in a school environment. I’m doing the dyno to get a base line HP and TQ before I add a 6.1 cam this weekend.

They charge $50 for 3 pulls, however the instructor said if we bring the truck in during class, that we can run a few pulls, as long as we make it interesting. In other words the instructor would like to see variables involved. With NOS, With out NOS, in 2-Wheel, in 4-Hi, in 4-Low,,, and so on.

The problem is I have a new engine (blew my last one, off-road water), and the engine still has the stock spark plugs. On my last engine when I used NOS I changed to colder plugs.

The question is do you all think its safe to do just a few pulls (seconds at most) with the NOS and the stock plugs?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
If you are using the stock plugs, then keep it at a 75 shot or less. DO NOT dyno with anything higher than a 75 shot on stock plugs.

And unless it is an all wheel drive dyno, you wont be dynoing in 4Hi or 4Lo either.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
matt it is a AWD dyno. we were suposed to meet there tonight but they had to cancle untill tomarrow. i was really wanting to see how it went but i guess ill have to wait to see the video. ooh well im looking forward to seeing where its at.

·
Ramman
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best way to dyno

I will be going to a dyno tomorrow.

What’s the best way to run, as in what gear, O/D on or Off,?

I’ve found on my truck a 30MPH launch is aggressive (cruse the 30, then floor it, it pulls very hard)

So what is the recommended method to get good numbers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.