DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my front end. The axle shaft u-joints are shot and I'll do the ball joints while I'm at it. I really like the idea of lockout hubs though, so I want your opinions on Dynatrac's hub conversions.

Anyway, I'll be doing the install myself, so is there any special tools required? Do I have to open the carrier or anything inside the diff? Is the kit worth the price tag of close to 2 grand? Will the same wheel size fit the hub?

· OH Snap!
493 Posts

· rjm022
192 Posts
here is a pic of my dyna trac hubs. me and a buddy installed them last june- took us about 8 hours-but we did it a couple of hours each night after work- ) probably could of been done faster if we just did it on a saturday) i don't remember using any special tools-but the hub assembly was tough to get off! ems offroad makes their version- a couple hundred bucks cheaper-but i decided to go with dyna trac because i know they have a good reputation,etc.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/attachment.php?attachmentid=16980&d=1195319346

· ...IN A ROW?
479 Posts
The hub on the Dynatrac on shelves right now sticks out pretty far from the wheel and has been a major gripe with me. Saw this at SEMA a few weeks ago and I'm back on board:

Its 2 3/8" shorter than their current model (4 3/4" over all), so keep that in mind...

· rjm022
192 Posts
. when i bought my kit- dyna-trac included their catalog. the stub hub kit was listed in there. it said it was now available-this was back in june.

· rjm022
192 Posts
well, that was stupid to put them in the catalog way back in june. just checked the catalog- show them available! good thing i did not want that kit!

· Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, What exactly do I have for a front axle then? I thought it was a Corp 9.25.

I don't think I need to worry about the larger hub, the wheels I have now have a center offset so the hub shouldn't really stick out at all.

Do you guys think the extra couple hundred bucks is worth it for the Dynatrac vs. EMS kit?

· ...IN A ROW?
479 Posts
rjm022 said:
well, that was stupid to put them in the catalog way back in june. just checked the catalog- show them available! good thing i did not want that kit!
No kidding! Id be pissed if I bought the larger one and found out there was a shorter one available as I was opening the box!!!

Yes, You have a AAM 925 front axle. Ive heard of a couple fit and finish issues with the EMS kit, but I havent seen them in person to really comment. It seems everyone who has done it has been happy overall with either kit they picked.

· OH Snap!
493 Posts
Soapeater21 said:
Nope. Friendly Dynatrac guy at SEMA told me it will hit the market very soon. Website even has it listed as "coming soon"....

http://www.dynatrac.com/products_stubhub.html
Did he tell you they were for the AAM axle? Cause that link you posted is for the Dana 60. Wont fit our trucks.

· Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So did anyone figure out the diffrence from the EMS Offroad kit and the Dynatrac kit? I'm ready to buy, I just picked up the freakin u-joint for 200 bucks. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to buy them. I'm gunna do the ball joints at the same time while it all apart.
If there is any reason I should spend extra money on the Dynatrac kit, let me know, otherwise, my mind is set on the cheaper EMS Offroad kit. Money is money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.