DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently encountered a problem with my wife's 96 caravan were she was driving it and it lost power and quit after driving 40 or so Km. I have replaced the altenator, (getting 6.2 volts when dead) battery, Distributor. My mechanic tested the fuel pump as I originally thought this was the cause but I had good pressure at the rails. After I parked it I tested the voltage at the battery and it was 14.2 volts, but when I started the van and watched the voltage at the battery it started to drop after 10 mins (2 smokes) and when I shut off the van it was at 10.6 volts. Could there be a short between the altenator and battery. Also I was getting these codes

1:Code 12-Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 Key-On cycles

2:Code 24-Throttle Position Sensor voltage does not agree with the MAP sensor.

Code 24-TPS voltage above or below the acceptable voltage limits.

3:Code 43-Ignition coil #1, 2, or 3 primary circuits-peak primary circuit current not achieved within the maximum allowable dwell time.

Code 43-Engine cylinder misfire-engine cylinder misfire detected in one or more cylinders.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Check the voltage at the battery with the engine running and see if it's near 14 volts. I wouldnt persue the other errors until you are sure you have a good, correct and stable voltage verified.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fixed FINALLY

:) thanks after the amount of money I spent at the machanics who couldn't figure out what the problem was. It did indeed end up being a $40 dolloar TPS which took me 5 mins to install and now it rund like new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.