DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a DVD/CD player headunit. Is there any way I can hook it up so that when its in drive you can still watch dvd's. My wife and I go to New York from Colorado a couple times a year to visit family and friends, and its a pretty boring drive so I thought this would keep her from going crazy. Anyhelp on this would be awesome

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a Dual XDVD8181. Its a nice lil set up just wanting to figure out how to bypass it

·
Registered
123 Posts
From another forum

I've researched many ways of bypassing the brake safety of Dual DVD systems, with the help of others in the "Bypassing parking brake feature" thread. For the ease of all new users, I decided to compile this list of the three easiest and most effective methods.

These methods have worked on a variety of Dual DVD systems (mainly XDVD8181, also XDVD710), unsuprisingly, since Dual stated to me that most installations have the same codes.

WARNING! It is usually ILLEGAL and most of all UNSAFE to drive while watching video. I only watch video while parked, and I suggest you do the same. This is for demonstration purposes only, if you use these codes, you do so at your own risk.

STEP ONE. Ground the E-Brake wire.
No matter which method you use, you must ground the brake detection wire. I suggest you tap it into the ground wire on your wiring harness (ensures a good ground).

1. FACTORY RESET METHOD (Temporary)
(This isn't the most effective, but it is the easiest to try, so it's worth a shot since it apparently works on some units.)
** Go to the Menu
** Get to the Settings Menu
** Select <yes> to Reset to Factory Settings.
Credit: DKA

Have recently heard complaints of this method not being permanent, as this is needed everytime they want to watch a DVD. Also, radio and screen angle presets are lost.

----------------

2. AUDIO CD METHOD (Permanent)
** Insert Audio CD
** Press PLAY
** Press STOP twice on remote
** Enter 26604 on remote
** Press ENTER
** Take out Audio CD and Insert a DVD
Credit: Myself via a DUAL Tech

----------------

3. DVD METHOD (Permanent)
** Insert a DVD
** Let it play until you hear sound
** Enter 26604
** Press ENTER
Credit: Adam P.

The blue warning screen should immediately go away after pressing the last digit of "26604." Still press ENTER as a precaution.

·
Registered
837 Posts
From another forum

I've researched many ways of bypassing the brake safety of Dual DVD systems, with the help of others in the "Bypassing parking brake feature" thread. For the ease of all new users, I decided to compile this list of the three easiest and most effective methods.

These methods have worked on a variety of Dual DVD systems (mainly XDVD8181, also XDVD710), unsuprisingly, since Dual stated to me that most installations have the same codes.

WARNING! It is usually ILLEGAL and most of all UNSAFE to drive while watching video. I only watch video while parked, and I suggest you do the same. This is for demonstration purposes only, if you use these codes, you do so at your own risk.

No matter which method you use, you must ground the brake detection wire. I suggest you tap it into the ground wire on your wiring harness (ensures a good ground).

(This isn't the most effective, but it is the easiest to try, so it's worth a shot since it apparently works on some units.)
** Go to the Menu

Have recently heard complaints of this method not being permanent, as this is needed everytime they want to watch a DVD. Also, radio and screen angle presets are lost.

----------------

** Insert Audio CD
** Press PLAY
** Enter 26604 on remote
** Press ENTER

----------------

** Insert a DVD
** Enter 26604
** Press ENTER

The blue warning screen should immediately go away after pressing the last digit of "26604." Still press ENTER as a precaution.
Any chance you know where to look for a clarion VRX785BT?

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From another forum

** Go to the Menu

----------------

** Insert Audio CD
** Press PLAY
** Enter 26604 on remote
** Press ENTER

----------------

** Insert a DVD
** Enter 26604
** Press ENTER

Thanks that sounds pretty easy I thought it would be hard. Just one quick question were did you find that info??? Did you have to call duel or did you get it some where on the web?? thanks again:rck:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I did some googling and found it on a forum somewhere...sorry I can't be more specific, I really wasn't paying too much attention to the site name.

I doubt that dual would give you info like that because it can be used to bypass the "safety feature". If they straight up told their customers how to bypass that they might not as well even put it in there...same lawsuits

Let me know if it works

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
I know on my Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD I took the light green wire which is normally grounded to the e-brake. The way it is supposed to work is the unit will only play if the brake has been applied. So I just took the green wire and ran it through a rocker cwitch so when I want to play vids I just flip the switch back and forth making the HU think the brake is on.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I know on my Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD I took the light green wire which is normally grounded to the e-brake. The way it is supposed to work is the unit will only play if the brake has been applied. So I just took the green wire and ran it through a rocker cwitch so when I want to play vids I just flip the switch back and forth making the HU think the brake is on.
Can you expand a bit? do you turn the switch on & off, on & off & on, or just on?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
ok, by default the switch is in the off or open position because keep in mind the unit needs to detect a ground and you only get that when the ebrake is applied. So when I load a dvd the unit will tell me I cannot play the disc. At that point I flip the switch in the close position which provides a ground and tricks the unit into thinking the car isn't in motion because the ebrake would normally be applied and the flip it back into the open position. Also at that time the touchscreen would change to a different display warning with an ok button available to start playing the dvd. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
ok, by default the switch is in the off or open position because keep in mind the unit needs to detect a ground and you only get that when the ebrake is applied. So when I load a dvd the unit will tell me I cannot play the disc. At that point I flip the switch in the close position which provides a ground and tricks the unit into thinking the car isn't in motion because the ebrake would normally be applied and the flip it back into the open position. Also at that time the touchscreen would change to a different display warning with an ok button available to start playing the dvd. Hope this helps.
Wouldn't you just be able to ground it to something permanetly? I am about to install mine and was just going to try that if it will work.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sometimes you can get away with grounding it permanently, other times you need to have it ground for a few seconds, then off, then ground again.

With some of the fancy navigation units you have to be more clever than that. Like the newer Pioneer Avic decks.

Spunkmtb, I looked around for a bit trying to find a hack for your deck but wasn't successful. From the sounds of things your solution might be a switch.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Thanks!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.