DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an 04 durango and it seems as if the front end is somewhat "bouncy". I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sounds like your due for shocks

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yep, i've just ordered some Bilsteins for my D. I'll let you know how I make out with them. A lot of people have recommended either the Bilsteins for Ranchos.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
b4 doing that check ur tires. make sure they are good and see that the weights are still there. out of balance tire will make it do that also. if a ok then look at shocks...:tup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help guys. I was thinking shocks too, but my tires are real bad. The D has got 75,000 on her and I am pretty sure it's the original tires. Should be getting them in the next couple weeks. I'll keep you updated. Damn thing is real bouncy right now though.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
tire pressure also
low is bouncy and unsafe

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Push up and down on each corner of the truck. Get it going up an down. Stop pushing and see how many times it continues to bounce until it stops. More than 1 time = new shocks.

Also, parking with the tires half on and half off the driveway caused the belts in my tires to break and the tires to go out of round. Bounced like a circus clown wagon!

·
MatrixMan
1,073 Posts
Push up and down on each corner of the truck. Get it going up an down. Stop pushing and see how many times it continues to bounce until it stops. More than 1 time = new shocks.

Also, parking with the tires half on and half off the driveway caused the belts in my tires to break and the tires to go out of round. Bounced like a circus clown wagon!
:tup: x2

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
another vote for new shocks

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Shocks...I'm at 80000 miles and need another set of shocks since she is bouncing again....like a fat lady :)

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
from all those hard cornerings!!!!:D:rck:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
big wheels like that kill your sus.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Shocks...I'm at 80000 miles and need another set of shocks since she is bouncing again....like a fat lady :)
:)

Attachments

·
What! Me Worry?
1,547 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Throwin it down with the fatty huh sca...ata baby.

I did the TB lift yesterday and for some reason it helped a little bit. But....now when I need some aftermarket shocks anyways...the shocks aren't big enough when I hit dips. Oh well..good times:tup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine bounces a bit as well. Its only got 45k on it. Tires look about due, pressure seems good, i'm going to check what Beach Assault stated tomorrow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.