DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgot about this until tonight, and I had a question about it. I was wondering, does anyone know the weight difference between the D and a Nissan Frontier Extended cab and what engine those trucks have in them? Reason im asking, the other day, tuesday, I was on my way to work and at this stop light when some chick pulls up next to me in that truck. She looks over, I smirked, and didnt think about it and just turned up my music. Anyhow, the intersection goes up in the middle and then down, and then about 1/4 mile up merges into one lane next to the little kwik-e-mart I stop at for work snacks. So the light hits green and I start to get going and as always, I get that hesitation that BUGS THE SHIT outta me. At this point I dont see, but hear rather, that shes gettin on it pretty good. So, of course, not gonna misrep our Ds, I push to about half throttle and im just cruisin along side as I can hear her engine pushing its limits from the sound of it. Whether that was true I dont know but she had all the intentions in the world to get ahead of me, and unfortunetly, she did. You may wonder why? Because although we were side by side, and remember, im like half throttle maybe, as the lanes hit the end and merge she aint slowin down. So, rather then getting into a big mess I just let off and let her merge in front of me. Ill tell you though, if I wasnt on my way to work and in uniform, id have followed her to see if she really wanted to try to pass me again :p

Later
Big John

·
Registered
435 Posts
if it was a new one and the 6 cylinder it is a 4.0 liter, puts out 265 horse and 284 lb/ft of torque

the 4 cylinder is a 2.5, puts out 154 hp and 173 lb/ft

can't help you on the weight, sorry, but i'll tell you, damn these things with the 6 cylinder are rated @ 6500 lbs towing

·
Banned
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think this one was that new, probably early 2000s, but hard to tell. Wasnt one of the nice 4x4 quad cab ones either, just an extended cab. Im pretty sure the weight on them is much lower then the D but probably not enough enough to really make that 4 banger too useful. I think if it was the V6 version, ida been dead in my tracks honestly. I cant believe how powerful these V6s are nowadays. Makes me wanna get a truck with a V6 after im done with the D.

Later
Big John

·
Registered
125 Posts
my friend has the supercharged nissan frontier v6. have you seen the size of the cylinder heads on these things, theyre huge. problem is that these v6s arent getting much better gas mileage than the v8s in the durangos. he gets about 15mpg

·
Registered
518 Posts
The original Frontier had a 3.3L V-6 with only about 160-170 hp, it was overwhelmed even by the little Frontier. The Supercharged 3.3L V-6 was rated at 210 hp but still couldn't go 0-60 faster then 9 or 10 seconds, those things were slow no matter what engine was under the hood. The new ones a lot more power, and would probably take your truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.