DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i have a 05 durango AWD with 80k miles. problem just started the 4LO light blinks on the dash while driving every once in a while and now i just noticed there is a Electric solenoid noise comming from the front of the transfer case while the duango is off. is this a common problem or am i on my own here?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Had the same issue with mine. The Transfer Case kept trying to shift into 4Lo by itself. Pain in the a$$ when your turning into a parking spot.

Turns out it was the transfer case shift motor (Part# 5143477AA). Parts and Labor cost me $420 at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Scarecrow:

Nivled is giving out some good information.

Might I add that when you get this remedied, exercising your transfer case monthly by switching into 4 Hi as well as 4 low is a recommended maintenance procedure.

Many folks overlook this, and then end up with a shift motor that won't work when they need it to.
Don

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have an 06 and mine does the same thing, which is why I think my CV joint took a dump on Saturday. I replaced the transfer case controller a few months ago and it fixed the problem for a couple months, now it is back again. I don't know what to do now...

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Scarecrow:

Nivled is giving out some good information.

Might I add that when you get this remedied, exercising your transfer case monthly by switching into 4 Hi as well as 4 low is a recommended maintenance procedure.

Many folks overlook this, and then end up with a shift motor that won't work when they need it to.
Don
That's interesting... never heard that before. :secret2:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
D4L

In this case, the old adage "Use it or lose it" applies.

In the same way that a car that is not driven for a long period of time will begin to have things like brake calipers freeze up.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.