DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Durango 4.7, Idles at 1500RPM then next tine idles at 650RPM may go for a day or two then idle OK. Idle does drop to normal after shifting to D or R. seems to be weather related (rain)

Also on heavy rain driving tach will jump 300 to 400 RPM while maintaining same highway speed. Took to dealer for a spin on readout computer nothing showed up. Went to independent garage for computer hook up they also found nothing.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Sounds like the Throttle Position Sensor. I'd change it. I don't recall if the 4.7 uses the same one or it's a similar problem. It is fairly common on the TPS on the 5.2/5.9 for it to have issues. I had it also. The TPS will cause the the engine rpm to momentary blip up a few hundred rpm every now and again.

·
Spending
1,786 Posts
if not what Neil said than when was the last time you change your spark plugs. I remember another member said when one plug is not working correctly you have goofy rpms

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had consistent erratic idle issues on my '02 as well. I have replaced the plugs, TPS, IAC and none of them made a difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The clock spring under the airbag of the steering wheel can cause several problems including throwing a P0123 code, which is a high voltage on the throttle petel sensor. If you cleaned/replaced the TPS and still have problems I would suggest replacing the clock spring. The chysler code checker will show a body code for this issue. Take care with air bag protocols.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'd check and clean the IAC also, takes all of 5 min to remove, clean, replace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.