DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a few days ago I posted about my discovery that the exhaust on my Ram had rusted and needed some attention. I had asked for advice from the masses here, and had more than one person suggest that I have the exhaust dumped.

I have always ran dual pipes out the back on every vehicle I have owned, and was very hesitant to do anything that would eliminate the visual appeal of two chrome tips poking from beneath the rear bumper.

Well, daring to be different... I went ahead and had the exhaust dumped. My new setup goes from the cats, to a single in/dual out Flowmaster Original 40 Series, then to turn downs directly behind the cab but before the rear axle. The sound is amazing to my ears. Very low sounding classic muscle car rumble, that doesn't get raspy as RPM increases. Inside the truck it is loud, but not annoying. It's just enough noise inside to let you know there's a HEMI in the machine.

As for looks, I was hesitant. Oddly enough it is quickly growing on me. Honestly... It looks clean without the pipes. Not to mention different.

I will try to get a pic or two posted in the not-so-distant future. I'd love to post a video or sound clip but don't know how. Either way, I appreciate the advice from those who told me to dump the exhaust. My truck looks and sounds meaner now.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
yup. once dumped, you never go back... i use to love my tips and it was hard to get used to not seein any... but its a much cleaner look now

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
I also have my exhaust dumped. Make a video then upload it to YouTube and then post the link right here

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Mine is dumped in 2 places...one after the cats with a cutout and one after the muff. I love it. It can go from barely hear it running to roaring. One of my first and fav mods.

·
Fromunda
733 Posts
Mine is dumped in 2 places...one after the cats with a cutout and one after the muff. I love it. It can go from barely hear it running to roaring. One of my first and fav mods.
Dont you wish it was louder now that you're used to the cutout? Even with open cutout, I wish mine was louder.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
yes, lt's, catless...

·
~TYLER~
2,389 Posts
My long tubes not cats and dual cutouts sound good it makes it hard to close them and have it quieter out the back which is still the loudest in town ha ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
No emissions testing for any of you I take it?
I want to dump mine cause after the bl my cat back looks dumb. Just not sure its legal here.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
I live in Cali..emissions testing here.. I swap my stock legal exhaust in every other year for smog testing...

·
Mandingo Warrior
192 Posts
I have a dumped Magnaflow on my 02. My first time without tips as well, not going back. Love to watch people try to find the tips or sit there and wonder if it has an exhaust at all lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fromunda
733 Posts
I want to dump mine cause after the bl my cat back looks dumb. Just not sure its legal here.
I still (regrettably) have cats. Only thing I did was add a single cutout after the cats so no probs with emissions.

I want: headers -> dual cutouts -> cats -> mufflers

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My new setup is legal here in the "Show-Me" State. I have cats, then some pipe, then a muffler, then some more pipe that turns down just before my rear axle. As long as you have cats, a muffler, the pipes extend beyond the cab, and they turn downward... You're good to go here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
In other vehicles i have owned, i had an issue with the smell coming in the cab. Is this an issue with dumping on a QC?

·
~TYLER~
2,389 Posts
I never smell anything unless i'm backing up with the windows down

I have never had cats on anything i owned

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.