DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:huh:removed my full tailpipe and tip and installed a 12inch turndown right off the muffler to clear my hellwig sway-bar. i was expecting it to be much louder outside and inside the truck, a littlt different tone outside and wot, inside no different actually seems quieter! please explain? will it get louder?everyone said i would want the tailpipe back on but it seems ok. 001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

·
Registered
280 Posts
actually all you did was technically ,shorten the exhaust piping.it will not get louder.if you wanted it to sound louder,use a reducer and then a larger turndown pipe like 4".

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dumping the exhaust is a well known way of reducing in cab resonance. It worked for me. Do it after the axle for even more in cab serenity.

·
drall
97 Posts
Wow! What a coincidence, I did the same thing today. And I was really surprised on how much quieter it was. It does give it a nice muscle car tone tho. Just too quiet for my liking. Thats ok, time to change up the exhaust again...:ebrow:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, im looking at race mufflers now for sound, borla xr1, magnaflow race mufflers ,flomaster sportsman series, and dynomax ultraflow racing mufflers!!!! any thoughts let me know. originally i thought it would be too loud but now not loud enough. does anyone have any experience with any of these?

·
drall
97 Posts
A guy I work with has SLP Loudmouth 2's on his mustang and it sounds pretty sweet. I found a great deal on some Loudmouth 1's on ebay so i grabbed them up. If your looking at race mufflers def take a look at SLP, good aggresive sound and good performance. Then again all the ones you listed are good choices as well.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I'm getting tiered of my drone might try this

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually all you did was technically ,shorten the exhaust piping.it will not get louder.if you wanted it to sound louder,use a reducer and then a larger turndown pipe like 4".
Is this true, if it is Gibson makes a 3inch in, 4inch out tip/turndown. What would the difference in sound be. Thanks again.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
louder outside, quieter inside

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.