DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i first bought my 07 hemi i had this red light come on with what looked like a lightning bolt surrounded by ( ) I brought it back to the dealer and after the truck had been shut off it wouldnt do it again...I dont remember what they said the light meant...well today i was letting it warm up and when i came back out to it it was idling at 1200-1300 RPM and very rough and this same light was on...i shut it off and restarted it and all is fine...can someone tell me what that light means? and what causes it to come on?:SPIN:

·
V10
628 Posts
It has to do with the electronic throttle...doesn't seem like something you want to break while driving

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
You need to attend to that right away. You can try and reset your pcm and maby clear it until you get to your dealer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i first bought it and it happened i brought it to the dealer and they said it was no big deal really since after i shut the truck off it was fine...they told me to come back if it happened again. Now if i bring it to the dealer and its working fine are the just going to turn me away like nothings wrong or what...I think the service guy said they cant read whats wrong if the light isnt on when they are doing the diagnostics on it?

·
Registered
749 Posts
my '06 did this very same thing a couple of weeks ago. Wouldn't get over 10 mph. Stopped, shut it off and restarted and it was gone. It hasn't happened since:crazy:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Check and see if you threw a code ?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
if it is electronic throttle, do you think perhaps you are putting pressure on the throttle while turning the truck on, and the truck thinks the throttle is at it's beginning point, only allowing it to throttle so much, sorta like holding down a joystick on a video game and turning the video game on?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if it is electronic throttle, do you think perhaps you are putting pressure on the throttle while turning the truck on, and the truck thinks the throttle is at it's beginning point, only allowing it to throttle so much, sorta like holding down a joystick on a video game and turning the video game on?

In my case no thats not possible...I actually just opened the door reached in and started it and then went back inside...when went to get in i noticed the engine was running real rough looked at the guages and saw that light flashing and it idling high

·
Registered
31 Posts
i just had this problem fixed,its the electronic throttle body control light,it threw 2 codes,p2106 and p2175,p2175 means air restriction,at 1st the dealership told me it was my air cleaner and map sensor,well it wasnt.
it was that my throttlebody needed cleaned,after they cleaned the throttle body ,it has been running great and i havent had a problem since,have them clean the throttle body,it has to be removed it looks clean from the outside but it gets caked with crap on the inside of the throttle plate,john

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
an 07? how many miles? cant believe a TB is that dirty so soon

·
Registered
31 Posts
mines an 04,with 40,000 miles it was caked pretty good,i dont know for sure on an 07,but that was definatly the problem with mine ,the light would come on,and if i didnt pull over and shut off the key,it would stall,once i started the truck again it would be ok for about a day,but would redo it again the next day,it should be throwing codes even without the light being on,john

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
mines an 04,with 40,000 miles it was caked pretty good,i dont know for sure on an 07,but that was definatly the problem with mine ,the light would come on,and if i didnt pull over and shut off the key,it would stall,once i started the truck again it would be ok for about a day,but would redo it again the next day,it should be throwing codes even without the light being on,john
x2, mine was nasty when mine did it at 50k, i bought it used, what causes this is using llow grade gas in the hemi, the motor doesnt like it and the owners manual it says use mid grade, now the truck will run on low grade just fine, but long term use of low grade will really speed up this problem

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2007 with 40k on the clock...still have another 20k before my warranty runs out..plan on talking to the local dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say...

·
Registered
31 Posts
tison ,the dealership also told me there was a service bullitin on this problem ,from dodge,i hope this helps,john,ps by the way the dealer i took it too blamed it on my after market air filter on my cold air intake so i took it to their main dealership and the mechanic and service manager confirmed it was the throttle body needing cleaned .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.