DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey can any one tell me how to clean an k&n filter just want to do it right dont want to fubar it up please help i know it sounds stupid but half the people i ask have know idea how to do it any help would be greatly appreciated thanks agian!!! :help:

·
Registered
360 Posts
All you need is a garden hose and the recharge oil that comes with the kit. First, rinse out the filter thoroughly with the hose (spray it in the opposite direction of the airflow) until the filter is almost white. Set it out and let it air dry.Then, once dry, spray the K&N filter charger oil on the filter until it turns a light to medium purple. TO MUCH OIL IS JUST AS BAD AS TOO MUCH. Use light even coats until you have reached the color the filter was when you bought it. That is what I did. (Trial an error) Hope this helps.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Purple?? Mine was orange when I put it in....is there a difference? I have the drop in

·
Registered
415 Posts
Jeepin247 said:
TO MUCH OIL IS JUST AS BAD AS TOO MUCH.
lol. and dont forget it. sorry just a funny typo. thanks for the info, i didnt know how to clean mine either. i have the whole intake setup.

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
don't over oil it......the TB won't like it....and you can't use cleaner on the tb to clean the excess oil out.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Save yourself some money and don't buy the K&N re-charge and cleaner kit. Use a mild warm to hot soapy water and rinse in the opposite direction of airflow as described above. Let air dry. Then apply some sort of hydraulic oil such as ATF in thin uniform layers and DO NOT OVER OIL. Concerned about using ATF? What do you think the re-charge oil is? Hydraulic oil! Do you know what ATF is? Hydraulic oil!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
And don't hit it with a lot of pressure. Just enough to push the dirt off.

Spray from inside to outside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.