DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm a dufus. No doubt about it. I want to change my side view mirrors to the power heated folding kind (I currently have the smaller power ones) so I decided to hit e-bay. What could go wrong? I found some very nice brand new ones for about $120 plus shipping and ordered them. I decided to put them on today and guess what? The 98-2000 mirrors won't work on a 2001. That's right, despite the College education I am still illiterate. :rck: Of course I didn't pick up on my mistake until I already popped the door panel, removed the old mirror and had the new one half way on. Technically they fit...all except for the electrical connections. So...If anyone is looking for a brand new set of 6x9 power folding, heated mirrors PM me. But do me a favor don't tell the wife. :help:

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
If you bought them from 1A Automotive, they're junk. They are cheap mirrors that will vibrate at speed - so don't use them!

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I know when I picked up my D in 01, Muth did not make a set of signal mirrors for them yet as they did change. I worked with them and was the first to get the new set back in 01...They did not offer factory heated mirrors in 01, but you may want to check out Muth anyway. I see that they have listed a kit that will convert to a heated mirror, part #200-0221-0...Might be just what ya need!

Muth Signal Mirrors

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Ron:

Sure they had factory heated mirrors in 01. I even had em in my 99 D. Or are ya talking about Muth?

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Hi Ugg, yeah I was not real sure if they did or not (and I don't remember if I have 'em or not (I gotta get some rest...LOL)...They did change and I had to wait for Muth to make my signals. Great timing...the truck was in the bodyshop getting the work done and when they got to the mirrors to paint them, Muth called and said they would fedex 'em out...perfect timing! LOL

I'm thinking that the wiring harness they sell just may be the ticket for him. They also have a PDF instruction file for download that he can take a look at to see if it will help.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Hey Ron:

Rest? What's that? My motto is, "There's plenty of time for sleep after your dead." ;) Actually, I think all those years of abuse is finally catching up to me. I might actually get 7 hours of sleep in one day now, not all at one time, but scattered about thru-out the day. I used to get by on 3 hours a day, with a 20 minute nap tossed in. I'd go like that for a month, then I'd crash hard for about 8 hours once a month. I've been like that ever since I was 16.
Yeah, that wiring harness & PDF might help him out.

·
Registered
834 Posts
skizior, LMFAO!

Don't feel bad, been there done that more then once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.