DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok picked up a 2nd gen 3500 dually for a good price. It has a flat bed on it. I want to turn it into my offroad toy. I have a set of 37 in tires and wheels to put on. Here's where i need help, what problems will I run into lifting the rear axle and putting the single rear on. I was told the axle maybe longer, but that is good cause the flat bed is wide a hell(will scrape at some point). I was also thinking of pulling a spring out of the leaf pack, as I dont need to carry a huge load.

·
Registered
543 Posts
A single wheel rear end for off roadin would be a must, because the drums would be unprotected unless you ran some monster 14-18 inch wide tires. The drw axle is a bit narrower than a srw axle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
lift it and keep the dulies.. a couple around here and they look bad ass

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
I am with the last post be different and leave it the way it is and lift it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would keep the DRW, but i already have a set of 37's on front and rear beadlocks that came off of a army hummer h1. Lifted DRW with 37's would be f-ing cool but the cost of 6 mud tires is nuts. thanks bluedually4x4, good call on the drums. I think I a going to run it with the DRW axle and see what its like, Its just a shit and giggle project soo cheap and ugly as hell is the plan.

·
Registered
245 Posts
the axle as far as i know is the same cause i have a dana 70 and if you get the wheels they bolt right up and duel wheel but i guess it depends on the axle you have

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.