DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to act like a newbie and make an exhaust thread, but I guess I will. ;) My truck currently has a "Heartthrob" single in, dual out muffler on it, that the previous owner installed. The guy that replaced my cat put 3" out of the cat and into the muffler. The muffler has dual 2.25" pipes coming out of it, no tips. They're not the greatest looking thing in the world, as a matter of fact, they're not even lined up even. Its not so bad that its noticeable, but I know that its there. The truck doesn't sound bad, surprisingly. The question I have is what kind of effect going to dual 2.5" pipes out would have on sound and possibly performance. My last Ram (a '97) had a Flowmaster 40 non deltaflow with 3" in and dual 2.5" outs. It wasn't too loud for me. I'd like to keep the muffler thats currently on my new truck, though. Any thoughts?

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
In my opinion the difference you'll find between the 2.25 and the 2.5 outlets probably won't even be noticeable...maybe sound wise but not performance wise.

·
Registered
718 Posts
More flow usually means more power.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
more flow means more power which is good in the top end but the top end doesn't get these big a$$ heavy trucks moving, go for something that is not going to take your bottom end away. Bigger would be better for your truck if you were at full throttle all the time, think about what you want to do with your truck before you decide on your exhaust. Just my $0.02 worth.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Good point, glad I got stock size on mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.