DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
The heating system (hoses and radiator etc, seem to be working.
I would say your problem is a malfunctioning switch or the airbox itself is damaged.

There are blend doors that have to operate properly. Could also be a vacuum leak on some models. But I believe the blend doors are normally controlled by electric motors.

Check the connection on top of the airbox under the dash. Wiggle it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Try re-calibrating the system first:

If that does not solve the issue, you could have a bad control motor (blend door), or in rare cases a broken blend door. Hope this info helps.
Why do I always assume people already tried this?
Good suggestion. Hope it works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
70sDNA your video is great. I am headed out to try right now. Hopefully this fixes THIS problem and then I can move on to the next. I have NO mechanical skills and no one to help so it's nice to get straight forward, no "lingo" instructions...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I had done the system first. One thing I didn't mention, when I start up the vehicle, there are no lights on the console for the ac/heater controls ...but they do start flashing when the combinations are pressed. I do not get the single light after the system process and the top two stay on after the second process. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Also, I have no left turn signal. Bulbs, front and rear have been changed, fuses inside checked.. But front left running light comes on upon startup but goes off. Seems everything is left side related???? Hmmmm

·
Registered
477 Posts
Over the years I've had a number of various electrical issues with my 1999

The BCM is located behind the fuse panel under the driver side left foot panel area.

Sometimes a water leak can drip into the BCM and wreak havoc.

Since you're having multiple BCM related issues, if it were my car, I'd pop a different BCM in there just to rule it out.

The PCM is located under the hood on the left. Check there for any water damage and the grounding and power connections.

I have to look at the FSM to refresh my memory on the meaning of the lights.

These vehicles are getting old and they are very sensitive to BCM, PCM and wiring issues. They are not super easy to keep going as they get older and older unfortunately.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently had struts replaced on my 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan. The very same day, I bought new tires for it. The guy TOLD me he did an alignment. Now not even 30 days later, some 3300 miles, while replacing my alternator, I noticed how badly worn my front tires are. I do not believe for a second that he truly aligned it. (AND I was over charged am hours worth of labor).

I've always trusted this shop, by referral, but was just told things have changed and to not go there, that I'll be overcharged....just a couple days too late...

Is there a way to tell if it was aligned. I asked for a receipt but was told he was out, to come back
.. so i dont have one, YET. I'm going into get one FIRST, then plan on addressing the issue. ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts