Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 ram 5.2

I was planning on an h pipe setup with dual cats. Then later adding shory headers.

Could you use an H-pipe and place the O2 sensor in the crossover pipe or would the be too little exhaust flow to get good readings, Or do I need to place the sensor in the direct flow of the exhaust of one of the banks.

I quess I could go X pipe with dual cats and place the senson in the middle of the X. I perfer the deeper sound of the H pipe.

The end goal is I want a true dual exhaust.

Any comments or suguestions would be appriciated.

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
4X4 or 2X4 ? You do realize that you have a gas tank in the way on the driver side,right?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 x 4.. Yes, on the tank. I was going to run the pipes the same way the current Y pipe to the converter goes, removing the single converter. Place an H pipe there followed by two small hi flow CATs.

the CATs are at rpmoutlet com powercat 59.95

4 inch in diameter, 7 inch install length

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
RamIt97, that is a very good looking set up!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
tactransman said:
RamIt97, that is a very good looking set up!!!!
Thanks, I like it alot! Its performed flawlessly since I installed it without any leaks. I love the Dynomax Ultraflows too. They have blown out some of the fiberglass and now sound great. They were a little quiet when I first installed them which is kind of strange since they are a straight through design.

I try to mention the Magnaflow Xpipe when people talk about making their own duals. Its compact and allows the pipes to come together nicely for the single O2 our trucks have.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback RAMit I like the way your looks... I had a setup im mind like yours but an H where you hve the X followed by to small CATS.

I like the way that X fits....most X pipes I have seen were not so compact. Where did you place the bung? in the middle of the x? in the middle of the x towards the rear / front? A pic would be nice?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Please excuse the welding since this was my first shot at using a wirefeed. I welded in two bungs. One for a future wideband. I angled them like they are in the stock cat.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have dual Ultraflows.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the pic of the O2 bung in the X pipe.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No problem. Both O2's look a little low in the picture but if you look at it in person the sensor hangs really nice in the exhaust path of both pipes. If I remember correctly you have to angle it like stock to clear a crossmember too.

I really like my exhaust. The stock Y pipe measures 1 3/4" at a few of the bends. Now that's restrictive especially for a modded motor. Mine is all mandrel bent 2 1/2" pipe all the way to the tail pipe.

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes that is it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
heavy01 said:
ram97,
do you have timeslips ,or dyno #s
No I don't. My goal is 0-60 in the 6 sec range and in the 14's in the quarter mile with my 5350 lb truck with me in it. I am told by Marty from KRC that I should be getting 300rwhp or 420hp at the flywheel.

I think I still need more tuning. I just picked up a SCT X2 tuner and am working with Everyone to get it dialed in. I still need my gears and Auburn installed to get a good run. 3.55 gears are too high for this truck. It still feels good but not exactly right for the powerband. I have the parts but not the time this year and I don't trust anyone else to install them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didnt end up not doing true dual exhaust. I went with pacesetter shorty headers, then the magnaflow SS cat followed buy a magnaflow SS Y pipe 2.5 in and 2 2.5 outs to a duel magnaflow 2 in / 2 out SS muffler followed by rear exit tailpipes.

The change was due to my job relocation next summer to a state that require an initial emissions inspection prior to registering the vehicle. After that no inspections.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I end up not doing true dual exhaust. I went with pacesetter shorty headers, then the magnaflow SS cat followed buy a magnaflow SS Y pipe 2.5 in and 2 2.5 outs to a duel magnaflow 2 in / 2 out SS muffler followed by rear exit tailpipes.

The change was due to my job relocation next summer to a state that require an initial emissions inspection prior to registering the vehicle. After that no inspections.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.