DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just put a perma cool dual electric fan in my truck with a 180 stat. It runs great and has some more power. But i need to wire the third wire into the A/C Switch wire does anyone know where it is located and what color? I have to connect it there so when i turn the a/c on the second fan kicks on.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the same fan, and I hooked up that wire right at the AC clutch.
It will run when ever you have the Ac on, and down here in Texas thats all of the time....:VHOT:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool! where is it located at and what color is the wire thanks man:rck:

·
Slowrider
52 Posts
Pic for Coolpack AC

Here you go. Usually black wire with white stripe. As a note, the wiring diagram in the manual for my 95 was incorrect. It was not the black wire. See pic for detail. Easy hook up.

BTW, I had a bad fuse holder on mine. They had to send me a replacement, but I ended up getting a better one at Advance for a few dollars. So, if you notice that the fan kicks off and on with the AC on, then open up the fuse holder and wiggle it.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks man i appreciate it :rck: how do you like your cool packs? i love mine it keeps it so cool i also put in a 18o stat and the fans keep it right at 180. Thanks again.

·
Slowrider
52 Posts
Really love it. Also have the 180. The built-in hangers for the overflow bottle and wiper fluid were great. Fans keep it running so nice. All bolted right in. I have not gotten one CEL yet. If I do, I think I will just need to adjust the temp control in the unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.