DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
BOOMERSOONER!
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Tried the dry ice thing for a while and came up pretty short with it. it had a minor effect on the dents and dings. It kinda popped a couple but nothin you could really notice, still looked like hail damage. Oh well, sure made my keystone light nice and cold.

With the whole totaling out my truck thing. USAA had my truck reported to the Oklahoma State Tax Commission as a total loss and they put it in the system as totaled out. The issue that I ran into was a salvaged vehicle is not allowed to drive on the road and my tags could have gotten ran if i were to be pulled over then my truck was liable to be towed or so i was told this. I spent about two hours on the phone trying to get the total loss reversed becasue Oklahoma law dictates that if the total loss is cosmetic damage then it does not require a salvage title and being how its a clean title as is i didnt want to go make it a junker. so now im just gonna fix er myself and have a little fun wih it. its got 268,000 on it and still runnin strong. :D

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Cold beer, it's not a total loss, see!! :D Cheers!

·
Registered
9,810 Posts

·
Work hard, Play hard
91 Posts
I love it... this is why dummies should not play with explosives... both those guys had the containers blow up right in their faces... Not smart at all!

Cool video though!!!1

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Yeah these guys dont seem to smart. Ive done this before with my dad, but we used 2liter soda bottles so it took almost a minute to blow. It seems like they are using like normal sized water bottles and to much ice aha. Either way its fun haha

·
BOOMERSOONER!
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Put a little bit in a 24oz water bottle and it made a pretty good pop in the dumpster, it was pretty cool. If i had some land i would have to make a pretty good size one lol

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
You could let them total it, pay you for it and then buy it back and get a salvage title for it. You end up with some money in your pocket and a truck you can still drive. Re-sell will tank with a salvage title though.

My buddy did that with his Buick, dry rotted tire exploded and did enough damage to total it. He used the pay out from insurance to buy it back and do the repairs and still driving it today.
I agree that it would, but if you id a private sale and had plenty of paperwork to back it up, I'm sure you could get more than most savaged titles. I know it would never go back to it's pre-hale value days.

·
BOOMERSOONER!
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yeah man my wife and i talked it over and we agreed that just keeping it and dealing with the hail damage was a lot easier than totaling it out and buying it back. so what we did instead was had the insurance give us what it was worth which about 1900 according to the insurance company. still got the truck witht the hail damage but still runs as good as it always has. I'm gonna save up some cash and go get me a brand new one in a year or two once I rank up to a SSGt for the Air Force, made that deal with my wife, I'm really liking the Powerwagon.

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
Yeah man my wife and i talked it over and we agreed that just keeping it and dealing with the hail damage was a lot easier than totaling it out and buying it back. so what we did instead was had the insurance give us what it was worth which about 1900 according to the insurance company. still got the truck witht the hail damage but still runs as good as it always has. I'm gonna save up some cash and go get me a brand new one in a year or two once I rank up to a SSGt for the Air Force, made that deal with my wife, I'm really liking the Powerwagon.
That's it?!?! Insurance companies are ridiculous. I am glad that my insurance guy is a good friend of mine. He has let me slip under the radar a few times ;)

·
BOOMERSOONER!
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I kinda expected a pretty low offer on from em on it. Hell I only paid 5500 whn i got it three years ago, its my first vehicle of my own and i bought it in high school. Seen it in a pasture with a for sale sign and fell in love, as i do with many dodge pick up trucks lol i should of shopped around a little more but when it comes down to it i gotta hell of a truck for the price i paid. still aint had a single issue other than my rack and pinion seals busted, that was my own stupidity though. :ugh

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.