DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this definitely is the worst post I've had to make on this board. Going home from work last night a drunk driver ran a red light and T-Boned me in the driver's side. She never even took her foot off the gas, even after she hit me, tried to keep driving, but luckily a highway patrolman saw the whole thing and took off after her (Even though her car wasn't going to make it much further). All-in-all I'd say my truck took it like a champ and kept me safe inside. My left side is bruised up from my shoulder to my foot from hitting the door, but nothing broken and was able to climb out of the truck on my own power (Passenger side obviously).

Things that are obviously damaged:
Driverside front quarter-panel, both doors, the entire bed is destroyed, even twisted and contorted the passenger side, pierced gas tank, my instrument cluster wasn't working right when I drove it off the scene, and the frame looks bent up underneath the back of the cab and bed.

The guy that towed it in, I talked to him today (he also runs a body shop) and he said there's a good chance they will total loss it, but we'll see.

Here's some pics, cell phone pics only for now, my camera was at work, damage doesn't really show as bad as it looks in person:

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
Wow man...I'm almost sure it's totalled...sorry about that but sweet deal on the Officer seeing the whole thing.

I can see vultures headed this way...

Someone calling dibs on the tow mirrors in three....two....one...

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
That sucks, sorry to hear that. At least you are ok. Good luck and I hope all goes well

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
wow!! that really sucks man!! glad your ok though could have ended much worse, goodluck

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
wow!

I hope its not totalled.........thats a beautiful truck you had there.

Vultures? Here? LOL - I see you have a bakflip.......that will sell fast! :D

·
Home of the Whopper
1,769 Posts
Damn that sucks big time. Glad your ok. I'm always on the lookout driving home from work at midnight. The whole side is damaged and the frame is bent. Sorry to say, but I bet it's a total loss.

P.S. What color is your interior. If the front seats survived I could find a use for them. I'm sure your insurance wont allow it though.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies guys.

Airflow - The Bakflip's 3rd panel has a crack going through it.

Ratram- I'm not sure, but I think the driver's seat's power part might have been damaged, I couldn't get it to move back when I tried to move the truck off the road. Color is grey though.

Magnum - Happened about 10 miles away from my house, in Greenwood, SC

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
were's my rocket trigger, i'll keep them away, sorry about your ram, it did what it's suppose to, protect the occupants.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
i dont see how there is frame damage, the wheels are not bent and the body does not seem to be crushed in far enough to hit the frame. allthough stranger things have happened. but because the cab bed doors fender, and a bunch of trim pannels need to be replaced call it a total loss. im just gad you did not suffer any broken bones. i would go in for an mri or ct though and have your neck looked at a hard hit like that tossed you arround good im sure.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Injuries for accidents can show up after 3-5 days, sore joints/ neck and such.

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
sorry to see that glad you are ok

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont see how there is frame damage, the wheels are not bent and the body does not seem to be crushed in far enough to hit the frame. allthough stranger things have happened.
Right where the bed and cab meet, if you look at the frame it looks a little warped, and in the 3rd pic, I was trying to get a picture of the rear tire not in line with the front tire, but it's hard to tell since the front tires were turned.

Either way, I really hope it can be fixed. I know she'll never be the same, but she's still my baby.....

BUT, if she is totaled, there's a 4th Gen calling my name right now.....

·
Got'R Did
1,638 Posts

·
That boy is a P-I-G, pig!
775 Posts
:loud: Nothing I hate more than a drunk driver. Too many good people leave us too early due to someone else's lack of responsibility and disregard for others safety.
I am glad to see that you are ok though but sorry to see that perty truck all beat up. Hope all turns out good.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Sorry to hear and glad you're alright. When will people learn not to drive drunk, never I guess cuz it keep happening. Sux

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.