DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 00 SLT plus and front disc/ rear drum brakes. It seems like the only thing ever stopping the car is the front discs. I don't know all that much about drum brakes so I didn't mess with them. Instead I brought them to the local dodge dealer and they said they looked fine. Is it just me or are my rear drums completely useless? Also what wheels does the parking brake apply to? Thanks Jim

· Todd O
936 Posts
How many miles do you have? Parking brake does the rear wheels. Front brakes do about 85 to 90 percent of the braking.

· WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,433 Posts
Hey 440, it's your ABS that's limiting your braking. I frequently do a "BRAKE TEST" with my boys usually a stop and lurch forward, the brakes are more than adequate, it's the tires that are slipping causing the ABS to activate the DUMP mode, (better for crapping than stopping IMHO). Search ABS and ye shall find.... The trick is to modulate the pedal against all that they tell you. This will result in greatly enhanced stops. The problem is probably more 'pedal feel' than anything else.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys its got around 85k and i just put new rotors and discs in the front so I know there all good.

· Todd O
936 Posts
Did you try changing your fluid out and totally bleeding the brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.