DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Holdin Down Tha T Town..
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title says I was originally going to look at the Ford lot for the girlfriend a convertable mustang and got to chatting with the saleen guy about the new saleen mustangs and how much power they make yada yada. I was telling him it would be nice to drive a saleen but I need a truck that will tow. After 30 minutes of him talking up this Saleen S331 truck I finally break down and take it for a spin. My initial thoughts were that it is alot fancier inside than any dodge I have taken out. The next thing I noticed was that it was really comfortable to drive and I hate ford trucks. It was the supercharged version and I had to give it a bit of gas to see what I thought and I was acually in awe of the power on tap in this truck. 450 at the crank is the claim and if it werent for the hampering 3.73 rear gears I think it would haul alot more ass. I hate to say it but that truck is one nice ford. And (gulp) if it werent for the steep ass 48000 dollar sticker I could see myself in one soon.

·
September 2007 ROTM
1,332 Posts
P_monks33 said:
Well as the title says I was originally going to look at the Ford lot for the girlfriend a convertable mustang and got to chatting with the saleen guy about the new saleen mustangs and how much power they make yada yada. I was telling him it would be nice to drive a saleen but I need a truck that will tow. After 30 minutes of him talking up this Saleen S331 truck I finally break down and take it for a spin. My initial thoughts were that it is alot fancier inside than any dodge I have taken out. The next thing I noticed was that it was really comfortable to drive and I hate ford trucks. It was the supercharged version and I had to give it a bit of gas to see what I thought and I was acually in awe of the power on tap in this truck. 450 at the crank is the claim and if it werent for the hampering 3.73 rear gears I think it would haul alot more ass. I hate to say it but that truck is one nice ford. And (gulp) if it werent for the steep ass 48000 dollar sticker I could see myself in one soon.
Aight if you sell your truck, let me know if you'll be getting rid of some of your mods. . . :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
i saw one in person as well...i didnt ask to drive it but it was a very nice looking truck...my brother bought a 07 FX2(loaded)hands down...much nicer truck inside then my dodge and i am impressed with fords style of truck although i still like the exterior of a dogde then a ford

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I have never seen one of these around here...Hopefully I will see one at the track soon to see what they are really capable of.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Truck trend had it at 15.2 at 92 mph. Either there traps are off or that thing can't get traction. That thing has 450 horsepower

·
Holdin Down Tha T Town..
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The price is really steep but damn that truck drives nice. Like I said above if the tag wasnt so high this would be in my garage really soon. I love the saleen body styling with the blacked out tailgate. I was surprised how enthusiastic the salesman was to let me take it for the spin. I suppose they know it really does sell itself.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
sounds and looks pretty nice.

·
University of Houston
651 Posts
for that price i would rather get an srt8 jeep but yea those saleen trucks are clean trucks

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
id rather have a srt8 charger

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
ramtough said:
sounds and looks pretty nice.
sorry but i think its UGLY. i would rather have the (dare i say it) toyota 5.7 over that truck. but i cant see myslf driving an import truck. just remember that you can always polish a turd but its still just a turd.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.