DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
That's why I like Dodges!
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in lowering my 97 Ram 1500. I was thinking about a 2/4 drop, but don't know if that would be best. I have 275/60/17's and I don't want to rub or bottom out. I know that many of you have run into problems or found the perfect setup, what's your 2 cents? I'm hoping for inexpensive but decent. I will probably need shocks too, huh? :rck:

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
a 2/4 drop will basically consist of lowered springs in the front and a new shackle / hanger combo in the rear ...

I think that tire set up is close to what came on SS/T's or Indy Rams, so I'm not 100% sure - but if it is, there shouldnt be a problem with rubbing ...

Bell Tech IMO is the best, but there are several other good quality manufacturers out there....

For the best ride, I'd go with spindles and springs up front - but you did say something about doing it inexpensively...

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
yeah i agree with RM dont try to go to cheap cuz it will just burn u in the long run...I had western chassis went i had my 3-5 drop i didnt have no probs with it...
and with the tire size im gonna try to find out for u by this afternoon

·
Banned
134 Posts
I lowered mine for about $160 worth of Chasis Tech Products. The only thing I would change is to go with a better shock like the Edelbrock or something comparable. Otherwise, no complaints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.