DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used drop spindle on there truck? I was told that first Gen Dakota drop spindles would work. Is this true? If so how much of a drop would 2"dakota drop spindlse do on a ram? More? less?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes it is true but not with out work. It should be a 2" drop but maybe more. I'm not sure how much different they really are

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well when I looked for the spindles for the first gen dakotas I found 2 differnt kinds. 87-90 and 91-97.. What is the difference? What has to be done for the spindles to work on the truck?

I actually have an 87 ram van 3/4 ton and I'm wanting to put them on the van. I was told that the lower control arms were the same part on the vans and trucks and the spindles are believed to be the same or at least close. I was also wondering if you have to modify your braking system at all. Like change out calipers. My calipers have one bolt that holds a metal plates that covers each end of the caliper. does the dakota have the same kind of of mounting for the caliper?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I dont think the dakota spindles will fit a 3/4 ton anything. I am pretty sure that the caliper is mounted different on the vans. It is possible with money and time you can do anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.