DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cass_A_Nova
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to drop My 99 EXT Cab R/T 1/2 or even 2/4. Looking for a good Kit to do it. Best for the Buck. I also want to put 20's on it. What is a good Rim size and even tire size?

·
Registered
522 Posts
with an R/T and a drop you will be hard pressed to get 20s up under there that dont rub. I did a 2/4 Hotchkis drop on my QC and the front rubs a bit and I am running 18s with 255/55's

·
Registered
33 Posts
99_R/T said:
I was looking to drop My 99 EXT Cab R/T 1/2 or even 2/4. Looking for a good Kit to do it. Best for the Buck. I also want to put 20's on it. What is a good Rim size and even tire size?
I have to recommend the Hotchkis kit to you. I had my truck dropped with inferior product and paid the price. :( If you're not looking to go that far, DJM makes good quality product and it as affordable. They make a 2/3 kit that uses front control arms.

As for the wheel size, I'm looking for a 20x8.5/9.0 with between an 18 and 24 offset. If you don't mind a little rubbing, you can run a 275/40R20. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can drill out the mounting rivits at the rear of your leaf springs brackets, rotate the mounting brackets 90 degrees, then you can flip the shackles either up or down to raise or lower your Dakota at will. A little work, very little expense.

Jim B.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i would have to say 20s seema bit large for a midsize truck, i would go with 18s, although they do make r/t reproduction wheels that are 20"

·
Cass_A_Nova
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if i want R/T reproduction rims but maybe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.