Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, Y'all
A newbie here. I need to get a bed liner.
I know every opinion will be different, but I'd like to hear your experiences with bed liners, GOOD or BAD.
With the drop in type, I've heard that water gets under it, causing rust. And that grit underneath will scratch up the paint. But, they are thick and heavy duty.
With the spray in, I've mostly heard that they don't last as long or hold up well under heavy use. But, they keep out water and grit better.
What have you found?

·
Registered
477 Posts
My spray in has worked wonderful! I have Line-X and I have no gouges or scrapes or anything! It is great and there has been NO problems with it at all! I definately say you should get a spray in. I never liked the idea of a drop in because it does scratch up the bed and lets it rust out.

·
drsoffroad
249 Posts
I got a bedrug from wise industries. It costs a bit more than a dropin plastic liner, but about half of a spray-in like Rhinoliner. They look nice and make crawling around in the back of the truck much more pleasant than plastic or spray-in. Had a couple ladies comment on how nice the bed of the truck is too;)

·
3rd RAM = 2012 2500 Mega
103 Posts
I have Rhino on both my Toyota and my Ram. Love it. Depending on who does the application, Rhino and Line-X are comparable. You can even get them color matched.

Motorcycles, gas cans, even 5 gallons of gear oil - and my Rhino still cleans up nicely.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
Yes the Bedrug is the way to go, but it depends on what you use your truck for!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I have a drop in and stuff slides all over the place. It came with the truck though when I bought it used. One day, I will go with spray in, that is definetly my choice.

And since no one else said it...Welcome to DT :D

·
over 100,000
382 Posts
i have a drop in under rail in my truck rightnow however i would go w a bed rug unless u are really working your bed.would sell mine

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had a drop in liner in my last truck, and got a Line-X in my Ram just a few weeks ago....

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!

The LineX looks so much more professional, it's cleaner looking, not loose and rattling like the drop in was, it helps with sound deadening too...

Yeah, it's a bit more expensive, but let me tell you.. it is worth EVERY penny!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I work the bed pretty hard. I haul large metal parts, construction tools. chainsaws, lumber, metal ammo boxes, etc.
I need something that can hold up to sharp metal corners.
Also, the bed won't be covered, so the liner will be exposed to the weather.
I appreciate the opinions.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
spray in liner over the rail! you always scratch your pickup taking stuff in and out over the top. the drop in plastic crap sucks. just scrapes the bed, and stuff slides everywhere.

mike

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Spray in bedliner for me.
It is the stuff!

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
I have the Armaguard over the rail spray in liner, 10 months old, haul my tools around and sit till looks as good as new. I have a lifetime warranty on it so if anything should happen to it, it gets fixed for free. The nice thing about spray liners is that it still keeps the drain holes free where the drop in liner will hold water. These truck are lower in the front and the only way to empty it is to mash the gas pedal....lol

·
Registered
477 Posts
I dont have a cover on my bed either and my spray-in has handled the Wisconsin winters just fine for the last 3 years! It looks brand new still.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Spray-ins are the way to go. I had a Line-x in my old truck and I put a Rhino in my new truck. I've got to say I liked the Line-x better. It didn't discolor as much. It also seemed to be a little tougher. The Rhino seems like a softer material. But, I've abused both of them and they will both take it.

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
I have the Mopar drop-in liner, but plan on getting the spray in. The drop-in liner has held up well (lots of trips to Home Depot) but it doesnt help protect the bed rails, which is why im getting rid of it and getting a spray-in.

Anyone want a drop-in liner? ;)

·
Registered
332 Posts
My dad has the rhino liner in his dually.
It has a life time warrenty if you gouge it they fix it.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
spray

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Line-X! Line-X!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts