DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got about 2 inches of the white crap here in Indy by the time I got off of work today. The truck is rock solid as it can be, no slipping, sliding or any lack of control. I had this idiot talegating me with the road being nothing but ice and snow. When I got a red light, this guy in his Chevy Avalance whips over next to me. I'm thinking are we going to have a drag race on the ice and snow..............yeap we sure did. By the time I had gone about at the quarter mile he was about a half mile behind me. That is how bad the hemi gobbled him up and spit him out and I wasn't even running that fast. He just didn't have the traction or control that I had. This was definitely a first for me, I never have raced in the snow before.

·
Mopar or no car!
1,959 Posts
Alot of guys on here will call you stupid... But i say rock on if thats what you wanna do. Me personally will do it knowing its me and him and if he wants to put his life at jepardy and no one else around ill play. Just make sure you got good insurance...

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Racing on snowy road. Yikes. You got some guts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
snow...i remember that stuff.

used to have a lot of fun with my first jeep in it...

i remember one time this guy was trying to get up a hill and couldnt move...i had to be an a-hole and drove by him like it was nothing...then i came back around and drove up the hill by him in reverse...ah to be young and fun again.

·
Registered
288 Posts
By the time I had gone about at the quarter mile he was about a half mile behind me.
...... If you went a quarter mile, and you were a half mile ahead.... Did he go in reverse?????????

I don't condone street racing, but I got on it against a ricer... I lost because I spun all 4 off the line, and he took off slow. It was wet, but didn't think it was that slippery. Too much torque :) (yeah.. right.. :) )

Racing in the snow not too smart though.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Racing in the snow you need a Ski Doo, Artic Cat or longer Ski's

Be Safe

·
Registered
451 Posts
We got about 2 inches of the white crap here in Indy by the time I got off of work today. The truck is rock solid as it can be, no slipping, sliding or any lack of control. I had this idiot talegating me with the road being nothing but ice and snow. When I got a red light, this guy in his Chevy Avalance whips over next to me. I'm thinking are we going to have a drag race on the ice and snow..............yeap we sure did. By the time I had gone about at the quarter mile he was about a half mile behind me. That is how bad the hemi gobbled him up and spit him out and I wasn't even running that fast. He just didn't have the traction or control that I had. This was definitely a first for me, I never have raced in the snow before.
Well, we all know racing in the snow is dangerous. But, trust me i understand how you felt, i have done the same a few times. That truck is solid. Only problem is trying to stop quick in the snow. lol. But hey, now you know that you can spank people on...AND off road ;) Glad you guys made it safe, and i wanna say good job, but i dont want people shooting me for saying it either lol :p :secret2:

·
RangoFuse
112 Posts
Yeah - to each his own. I call those who just witnessed people backing up and giving up, that they couldnt get up the snow covered hill, stupid for thinking that they could in the same car, wasting my time - then giving up as well....

So when its your turn, you gotta show up everyone (in 2wd) ! :)

"The presending message may not reflect the views of our user base" :)

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I drive in snow darn near 6mo a year.... I drive WOT lots :p kinda fun having 10ft rooster tails behind the D... I've never full out raced anybody.... but it's still fun leaving people in my wake, even when I'm towing my car hauler :p

·
Registered
451 Posts
I drive in snow darn near 6mo a year.... I drive WOT lots :p kinda fun having 10ft rooster tails behind the D... I've never full out raced anybody.... but it's still fun leaving people in my wake, even when I'm towing my car hauler :p
Now THAT'S how you gotta do it!! :rck: :gr_patrio

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Now THAT'S how you gotta do it!! :rck: :gr_patrio
If a guy in a D lines up next to you at a light, you hit the gas to go, and he pulls away from you like you're standing still (and you just happen to be a ricer) would you not feel belittled.. expecially if the D happens to look like this:

Sorry except for the rear of my D squating, I love that picture...

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
How can you tell? the D is the same color as the dirt! It was snowing that day I was driving around all day with the trailer and still had to shovel it before I could load the ram on it...

I should ad I was about -25 that day as well.. no washing unless I don't want to get out of the truck until it warms up in the spring heh

·
The Musical Enforcer
793 Posts
Just yesterday we had 2 inches of snow on top of icy conditions in NJ Interstate 295 was a crawl at 30-40 mph I travel 32 miles one way for my job. That was gutsy of you I won't risk my life or my D anymore have fun my friend but don't be fooled by the handling of the Durango in that type of weather just saying be careful.

·
FSTDANGO 3
512 Posts
Good Kill Be careful

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...... If you went a quarter mile, and you were a half mile ahead.... Did he go in reverse?????????

I don't condone street racing, but I got on it against a ricer... I lost because I spun all 4 off the line, and he took off slow. It was wet, but didn't think it was that slippery. Too much torque :) (yeah.. right.. :) )

Racing in the snow not too smart though.
That is exactly what a guy here at work ask me, "Was he reverse??" It was like he killed engine at the line. My other thought was maybe he swerved into the other lane to keep from hitting me!? Oh well, it was still fun blowing him away, but I'm not going to make a steady diet of racing in the snow.

We got a total of 12.5 inch of snow by 10am the next morning, but I had no problems driving the D through the snow. However, by next winter I am going to get some real tires with bigger cleats. The tires appear to be the original tires that look like a car/truck style of tread.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
AWD FTW!:rck:

(Yeah - i would do it too!)

Ya' gotta' edUmuhcate dem' other chebby-truck-drivin' fools!:teacher:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.