DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my driver side a-pillar grab handle done. I put it in so my wife will be able to get in and out of the driver side easier since I am going to be lifting it a little. I bought a grab handle (was a passenger side handle) from a '97 on eBay for $12.00. It was a darker grey, so I bought a can of Mopar interior paint from the dealership for $9.00. It is a perfect match to my interior color code. The handle is at an angle coming off the a-pillar, so it also doesn't stick out into the field of view at all.

To install, I took the stock pillar cover off. Drilled two holes and two slots in the a-pillar (used a dremil to cut the slots). Inserted two automotive speed nuts into the slots so the threads lined up with the holes I drilled (see the first pic). Bought these nuts at Lowes for a few dollars. I also bought the white plastic spacer at Lowes so the a-pillar cover could squeeze up against them and wouldn't crack when tightening down the handle (see pic 2). Then, just tightened everything down nice and snug. The handle is as solid as the passenger side handle.

Attachments

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try eBay or a junk yard. I think you can still get one from a dealership too, but it will be expensive.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looks really good. How did you go about getting it the same distance from the dash and roof as the pasenger side?

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just measured the distance to the holes of the passenger side, and marked my holes the same on the drivers side. If anyone else wants to do this, I can take some measurements for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.