DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all- Been chasing this annoying vibration in my 05 quad cab long bed, The truck will start to vibrate around 48mph up to 65mph (roughly). Mostly felt in the seats, but a small amount in the steering wheel as well. Feels like its coming from the rear. Changed the rear diff fluid, everything looked to be in fine shape. U joints have been changed as well, although I noticed while the driveshaft was out, the rubber support in the carrier bearing was detached about 3/4 of the way around the bearing. Is it possible the carrier bearing could be causing this vibration? Tires are pretty worn/cupped as well.

·
Tape On
829 Posts
Could be both those things causing it, either alone or together. Fix the carrier bearing/support and also look for a missing weight on the driveshaft, that could cause vibrations in an rpm range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most likely the carrier bearing...unbalanced drive shaft will most likely caus a small vibration but the carrier bearing will shake you to death if not break a bunch of stuff in the process....i would not drive the truck until it is replaced!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Front or back tires cupped? Cupping is mostly caused by bad shocks...but i suppose if the vibration is bad enough it could cause cupping....also did the cupping start befor the vibration or after?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.