DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1986w250
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys brain drain time. i took my driveshafts out and sent the rear off to be balanced at a local dana/spicer dealer that also does customer drivelines. the shaft has too much lateral play and backlash to be correctly balanced. they want $445 just to make the rear shaft and balance it. i've already exhausted the guys at the dodge dealer's knowledge and they recommended republic diesel, the same place i took it to. what would be the best option here. name of a place to try, anyone have one laying around, any suggestions. open up and let me know what you have to think. on top of this, my front shaft is cracked at the yoke and worn out at the splines as well. the shafts are for an 86 w250 360 4-barrel, 435 4-speed, np205 transfer case, dana 60 rear, standard cab long bed single wheel. i really need some help here guys, thanks ahead. i know speed said he had the shaft for his truck made for like $75, does $445 sound too high to you guys for a new shaft for this truck?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Try www.car-part.com or www.junkyarddog.com for some used ones or the front shaftyou can get already rebuilt from most auto parts stores with your exchange shaft. Since yours has a cracked yoke, I would pay cash for a rebuilt so they dont come back later to try to bill you for the yoke on a credit card.

Do you have the 3500#(D44) or the 4500#(D60) front axle? If you have the D44 you might be able to pickup a NOS front shaft(Military) for around $150...it's been awhile since I have looked for them.

Also CALL these guys and see what they have to offer.
www.dennysdriveshaft.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.