DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the way home from the gym the other night and I heard a whining noise while coasting then all of a sudden THUNK and heard something dragging under my truck. Pulled over and my drive shaft was hanging down from the back. I pulled it out of the tranny and threw it in my bed. Put it in 4wheel drive and backed up then forward to drive the 1/4 mile home and my rear end was locked up! I can go in reverse and my rearend moves freely but when I put it in drive, 1, or 2, I drag my rear end... Called my dodge dealarship I got my truck at and considering i've only got 63k miles they said it is covered under drivetrain warranty... hopefully my luck turns around and it actually is covered!

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
lets hope its covered. sounds like the rear end exploded on you and thats what caused the u-joint to break.

·
Fueled by 1.21 jiggawatts
2,722 Posts
Damn man! That sucks to hear. Hopefully its covered.

This reminds me, I keep meaning to get my driveshaft hoop built and put on my truck. Luckily if yours HAD to break it broke at the rear and not the front. Though I realize this seems to be a rearend issue. Seen guys get their trucks flipped from the shaft breaking at the front.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
That does suck and sound bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.