DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i removed mt bracket to the Tb the 2 front bols snapped off. after it was off i tried to use my extracto then that snapped off in the bolt on both holes!:mad::tdwn:

Is there a drill bil strong enough to drill through the extractor? or any suggestions?

I already tried heat, and drill bits( 4 broken)!

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
i hate to say this but start looking for a new tb the extractor is so hard you wont be able to drill it out the only way to drill one out is get it white hot and let it cool very slow however you would melt the tb before that

·
Still Pump'n
139 Posts
Take it to a machine shop. If they can mount your TB in their mill, a carbide end mill will do the job. I know, I use that procedure a couple times a week. Someone is always snapping extractors. Don't feel bad, we machinists have to eat too. LOL

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
start with a very small bit and work your way up, center punch the extractor first so your bit has a starting point and won't walk on you, just remember start small and keep working your way up in steps, don't get in a hurry, add a little oil to the bits as your drilling to lube them. It takes awhile to work your way up to the size of the extractor but it works. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.