DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, B4, and potential aft pics of my quasi-artist rendering of how a stripe and a roll pan (okay, albeit a side view of the 'roll pan') would look on my Ram.

The roll pan is going to happen. The stripe is likely to. As usual, I need your brutal honesty, good or bad. Thanks in advance. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what you mean? :) Do you mean when I nail it, 'cause it tends to lean back then. :D

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Im a big fan of roll pans and the "clean" look. I like the stripe. You do need to drop the truck though to pull it all together. DO IT!

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I'm not a big fan of a stripe on the bed like that. I have seen a few trucks with wide racing stripes that looked decent, but I never liked the stripes on the bed. As for the rollpan, go for it. The rollpan will make a huge difference in the look of your truck. And finally...I agree that you need to drop that truck. The ground effects would make it look even lower since they hang down a few extra inches.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I like it better with the stripe off
Something doesn't seem right

I have seen other trucks with the stripe and that looks funny for some reason

I would also lose the flaps

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Yeah, the stripe looks a little thin...

I'm kinda partial to stripes myself :)

Attachments

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
The stripe that sgrizzle just posted looks better IMHO than the one in your photochop....... I think something is missing from it........ the stripe is cool, but there needs to be something more interesting in the middle of it........ look at some vintage Dodge Super Bee's for ideas. :D (or even one of the new Rumble Bee trucks...)

The rollpan will be a nice addition, no doubt about that! Slammed1 is the person to contact if you want a great deal on one of those.:)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
What about in a dark grey or red?

·
Registered
244 Posts
As it sits ... not a big fan ... but maybe one that is wider might look better as someone mentioned above ... dont like them myself but it doesnt look right on yours hemi.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all. To the folks who think I should drop the truck, you are so right, but can you drop a 4x4? Any links to pics of lowered reg cab 4x4's? I've already pulled the butt down, but can the whole truck be lowered further? Not saying I'd do it, but it's somethiing to think about.

BTW, this isn't the exact stripe I' go with, colour, detail, width wise - just a quick rendering to see if it's the direction I should go, but I appreciate the suggestions - red?, now that's grabbing me, and trep, I will be calling you for dimensions :) .

Uncbob, you have every right to dislike those flaps :) . I HATE them. I took them off awhile ago when the subject came up in another thread, but put them back on after seeing what the road slop was doing to the sides of my truck. I HATE them. :D

The decision about doing this stripe is a big deal for me and I appreciate the criticism and ideas. I don't want to just slam it on there and regret the look.

If you have any more thoughts, and like I said, good, bad, or ugly, let 'er rip, and if you can answer my question above re 4x4 lowering, I appreciate info. Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I personally like the stripes on the side of the bed on the Rams. I was always a huge MOPAR muscle car guy and thus crazy graphics and such appeal to me. I like the way your truck looks with and without the stripes. Just get a wider stripe as others have said.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, like the ground effects. :) The bee and it's ground effects are the reason I bought my Ram, and my truck is a pseudo wanna 'bee'. (Okay, even I'm willing to admit my ground effects border on the cartoonish, particularly the front lip as viewed from the side, and especially on a 4x4, but overall, I like 'em). :D But if ground effects are your thing, there is virtually nothig else out there, aside from the Xenon according to my searches B4 I ordered the truck.

Honestly, keep it coming though, good or bad! :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NHHEMI said:
I personally like the stripes on the side of the bed on the Rams. I was always a huge MOPAR muscle car guy and thus crazy graphics and such appeal to me. I like the way your truck looks with and without the stripes. Just get a wider stripe as others have said.
Thanks, and I think the stripe's gonna happen, just trying to refine it here. Something about that stripe in that spot works, and it's one of the reasons the bee looks so good. To me, the stripe shortens the truck, a good thing. I don't have any original memories of the original Mopar stripe, but a fella in my town put a similar bright grey stripe on a reg cab Dak R/T, and I loved it. Again, thanks. :)

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I wouldn't do grey. I did silver on mine (pictured above) but that is because the truck is grey and most colors would look ugly. You have black so go with a rpimary color: White, red, yellow, orange, etc.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
You should try the "Sassy grass Green" bringin' back the old days. Yesterday i saw a 60s super Bee. Was that color green with a black stripe. Looked real nice. I like the stripe. But go with a different color.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.