DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just want to know something for whenever I get money to buy these things haha. I have a 1500 reg cab short bed 5.2(318) 4x4 and a NV3500 (manual tranny). That’s more than likely what this stuff has to fit into unless I go with a dokota but I think I want a bigger engine in the dokota. So my questions being...

1) What’s the best radiator I've looked into Griffin Radiators and they seem good.

2) What manual tranny will fit with a R3 racing block putting out at lest 900+ hp hoping to get around 1000 :D

3) Last question is what would be better for drag racing a monster small block or a beefed up big block. I kind of think it would be sweet to have a monster small block kicking everyone’s a$$ at the drag strip but if it’s easier to work with a big block then I could do that.

Thks for any help :gr_patrio going to get this stuff built one day :D just not tomorrow haha

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
if you are going with the r3 block bore and stroke out to 472 same size as a bored and stroked big block with less weight and able to produce 800+hp naturaly aspirated

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Go Lynn!

Buddy has an R3 block to go in his Indy. The rotating assembly is in the machine shop, hes going with 454ci to raz the chebbys

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you are going with the r3 block bore and stroke out to 472 same size as a bored and stroked big block with less weight and able to produce 800+hp naturaly aspirated
Thats what Im going with :D 472 monster small block. I did not know that it was the same as the big blocks though I thought I could get a bigger big block but then again I have yet to really look into it.

So looks like I should get a dokota and drop my monster small block in and drag it :D. Anyone know of a tranny that could hold up with a monster small block? Or a good radiator company the rad will be for the truck I have now but I want something good. I've looked at Griffin and Ron Davis so far looks like Ron Davis is better to me anyway.

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
these guys build up the 46re to handle up to 1000hp it aint cheap
Ahh there we go THKS tkirk :gr_patrio and as for the price like I said I’m not building it tomorrow so I will start saving for it now :D

Oh btw I remembered found the link I have to a truck I help build and found the specs on the engine it ended up with a 550 CU in. Chrysler Hemi (I could not remember how big it ended up being) So I will have to look into the power to weight for the two.

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
you can take the 440 out over 500ci but parts are hard to find everything is custom made or summit has the 528ci hemi crate motor

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True none custom parts would be easyer and less money, I didnt know Summit had a Hemi crate moter though thats sweet.

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:YO: wow almost $21,000 I got just alil bit of saving to do before I get that :D but IDK if I want a crate motor I like to build them myself but wel see THKS for the link tkirk :gr_patrio

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Ok so I just want to know something for whenever I get money to buy these things haha. I have a 1500 reg cab short bed 5.2(318) 4x4 and a NV3500 (manual tranny). That’s more than likely what this stuff has to fit into unless I go with a dokota but I think I want a bigger engine in the dokota. So my questions being...

1) What’s the best radiator I've looked into Griffin Radiators and they seem good.

2) What manual tranny will fit with a R3 racing block putting out at lest 900+ hp hoping to get around 1000 :D

3) Last question is what would be better for drag racing a monster small block or a beefed up big block. I kind of think it would be sweet to have a monster small block kicking everyone’s a$$ at the drag strip but if it’s easier to work with a big block then I could do that.

Thks for any help :gr_patrio going to get this stuff built one day :D just not tomorrow haha
no replacement for displacement.......much easier/cheaper to make power with displacement....plus a big block in a ram would be sweet

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Thats what Im going with :D 472 monster small block. I did not know that it was the same as the big blocks though I thought I could get a bigger big block but then again I have yet to really look into it.

So looks like I should get a dokota and drop my monster small block in and drag it :D. Anyone know of a tranny that could hold up with a monster small block? Or a good radiator company the rad will be for the truck I have now but I want something good. I've looked at Griffin and Ron Davis so far looks like Ron Davis is better to me anyway.
The Torque Flight 727 :tup:

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Torque Flight 727 :tup:
Thats The Torqueflite 727 I beleave thats what you mean ;) but its also an auto :crazy: I'm hoping to find a good stick tranny. IMO theres no point in having all that power if you got an auto all you get to do is sit there id reather be jamming gears :D

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
Go Lynn!

Buddy has an R3 block to go in his Indy. The rotating assembly is in the machine shop, hes going with 454ci to raz the chebbys

:thatfunny thats awsome.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Thats The Torqueflite 727 I beleave thats what you mean ;) but its also an auto :crazy: I'm hoping to find a good stick tranny. IMO theres no point in having all that power if you got an auto all you get to do is sit there id reather be jamming gears :D
well, see if you can make the NV4500 manual tranny from a diesel fit behind it...:IDEA: :tup:

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That not a bad idea thks CJ

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
My mistake on the spelling. My father and I (back in 91) built an mild LA 360 with a stock TF 727 behind it, it was pretty stout as I recall.
I agree a stick if fun, but there is a reason most people run auto trannys at the track. They pull between shifts rather than completly disengaging like a stick.

I was contemplating swapping a 3500 or 4500 into mine when my 46RE dies. But after doing one auto manual swap before, it's a PITA.
Plus NV3500/4500s aren't cheap.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.