DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought Id share some pictures of my header install.

Not currently done. I stripped a bolt and I am waiting on a grinder to shred the head off.

Should be done within the hour.

And yes. It needs a bath.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That black thing in the 4th picture. Right above the hood. Its a mini fridge.:D

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Looks good so far! Hope you get the bolt out.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
285 75 -17 Toyo Open Country M/T's. They are quite meaty. So far nothing has stopped them yet. They even handle great in the rain thus far.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and Complete... Looks damn great. Boy do the sound of open headers put a smile on my face. :D

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
and Complete... Looks damn great. Boy do the sound of open headers put a smile on my face. :D
I know that feeling.:D:D:D:D ear to ear. It is great. are these those Tri-Y headers?

·
Tj
160 Posts
how much did those set you back?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are the Doug Thorley Tri-Y's. They set me back $230 total. I'll be running to the exhaust shop tomorrow morning and putting on 2 Hi Flow cats and re tubing it up to my current setup.

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
Great headers for the price. I paid $100 for mine, but they were used and from a friend. I also got the Doug Thorley Y-Pipe. I actually sanded them and cleaned them and then coated them completely with some high temp engine paint...came out pretty good actually and still do:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great headers for the price. I paid $100 for mine, but they were used and from a friend. I also got the Doug Thorley Y-Pipe. I actually sanded them and cleaned them and then coated them completely with some high temp engine paint...came out pretty good actually and still do:

Have you had any problems with these headers. I remember searching for these headers and stumbled on a couple of your threads.

Im not sure what Magnaflow you are running in back but I assume its close to mine. In which case, how is it going to sound? Im running 3in/3out 4"14" Round Magnaflow.

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
I haven't had a single problem with the headers or y-pipe. I'm running these headers and matching y-pipe --> Magnaflow Hi-Flow cat --> Magnaflow 5"x11" (I think) Oval muffler --> dumped over the rear axle. Everything in between each component is 3" pipe.

Also, I have an electric cutout before the cat. Here's a vid I did for the guys when I installed the cutout (at the time it was after the cat) but you can hear what my truck sounds like running through the Magnaflow when the cutout is closed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrFYTjg2wBs

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That sounds really mean and im sure the video can only get half of what you experience driving it.

I have to tip toe to the exhaust shop. Its about 10 miles away through about 2-3 cities. That could mean alot of different cops hassling me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Back from the exhaust shop. Going there was a hoot. Sounded like a freakin rocket ship going down the road :D. I think I may have a problem. I am experiencing a new noise that I havent experienced yet. It sounds like a siren. It only happens at certain throttle points and its cyclical. It has to be something to do with the motor because when I let off the gas it goes away INSTANTLY. It'll come back when I am at a certain RPM with the right amount of throttle. I have no idea how to explain it but when the headers were on it honestly sounded like a siren. A high pitch octave that has basically rhythm. :rolleyes: With the full exhaust on. I can still hear it, its just a bit quieter.

Besides the fact that for the new noise. It sounds amazing. This setup didnt get rid of the WOT rasp I was hoping to get rid of.

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
cops?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Looks really good. I was just about to ask why you pulled the tires off to do them (I understand why the liners) because i didnt have to pull mine off but then i realized your truck isnt lifted either.

How do you like them so far though?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like them aside for the face of the news noise that has developed.

Yea, taking the tires off made this whole thing 100x easier. Especially when you are trying to take the old manifold off.

No, the almost house alarm siren was not being of cops. I did see one pull out behind me about 150 yards out.

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
Man I have no idea...that's odd.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.