DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have rust forming in the lower front of my driver door. It's blistering out from under the paint and looks bad.
I would like to fix this rust myself and would likely cut and weld a patch in, POR15 the inside of the door skin and do my best on the outer finish where I cut and welded.

I was thinking that I could cover the repaired area (not great at finish work) with a $200 diamond plate kit that I found online, but I don't like the look of the diamond plate all the way down the truck.

My idea..... Mask and use the (color matched) bed liner spray all the way from behind the front tire to behind the back one... Bumper to bumper, 8 to 12" high, depending on the highth of the repair.

This would look trick (I think) and would help with rock chips from the 33x12.5's.

The only reason I mention this is that I used it to paint my last sportbike and LOVED the stuff. It's easy to apply, easy to repair and touch up and helps with sound issues in panels.

What are y'all's thoughts?
Thanks!

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
so you're talking about line x ing your rockers right? Alot of people have done that with great results, I think it'd look sweet on yours and protect it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet. That's what I thought too. Has anyone had any issues with any particular brand?
I may spring for getting it done professionally this time if they will. Less mess and downtime would be nice.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've actually looked into having rhino lining sprayed on my rocker panels because like you said those bigger tires like to throw rocks up and chip them. The dealer I contacted quoted me at $250 for both sides. I think it would look cool and the extra protection is nice too.

·
Registered
503 Posts
PhatKat said:
Sweet. That's what I thought too. Has anyone had any issues with any particular brand?
I may spring for getting it done professionally this time if they will. Less mess and downtime would be nice.
I've seen it on white trucks and it looks sweet. Rhino Liner is what i've always used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.